Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a bunch of Veggie oil to use and i would like to try it in my truck. Is it safe to use in my truck? What do i need to do to get it going? Can i mix it with regular diesel to use? I appreciate your help i'm leaving for denver tomorrow and i wanted to try a mixture if possible. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Don't think I would be running strainght WVO in my truck without making the necessary changes by installing a heated tank and running a seperate line to that tank. WVO is thicker than diesel and needs to be heated to be runny and make it through the fuel system. I don't think WVO and Diesel will mix well together. You can take the WVO and make BioDiesel out of it and put that in your truck with out any problems.

I'm making my own B100 so I've seen a lot of oil in the past two months.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How hot does the heated take heat the oil? I was just wondering what i could get away with. Its over 100 degrees here where ilive everyday. :) I think that i need to start looking into the whole bio diesel thing. Is there a certain setup that you all recommend to run veggie oil? Would i be better off just doing bio?

·
Premium Member
910 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
How hot does the heated take heat the oil? I was just wondering what i could get away with. Its over 100 degrees here where ilive everyday. :) I think that i need to start looking into the whole bio diesel thing. Is there a certain setup that you all recommend to run veggie oil? Would i be better off just doing bio?
You could use google to search for biodiesel stations I found a place in miami where i filled up for 4.38 a gallon last week.

Just note after the first tank you are going to need to change your fuel filter since the vegetable oil has soapy properties and dissolves deposits in the tank and fuel lines.

·
Registered
143 Posts
140-150 is a good start for heat prior to the IP.

A FPHE would be a good start for heat. If you want you could use a vegtherm. If you T coming off the block where it goes to the heater core you can use this to heat the veg in a FPHE. This is coming out here without going through the rad so it will be hot. If you are serious about converting to a 2 tank system it will run about 1500 to do it. I am almost finished with mine.

There are some that do blending. The best place to start is at infopop. Do a google search for sunwizard wvo and read his stuff.

You also need to be sure and filter the oil if it is used. I like a centrifuge made from a diesel craft.

If you are going to make bio you will have to store the chemicals and there will be glycerin left over that you will have to dispose of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts