Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im making a list of parts to upgrade and i wounder if any of you have tried them.

ill start with this, '94-'02 Dodge Ram Steering Box - 2500/3500-Geno's Garage

worth the price? is it really better than stock? has anyone used this?

i want to add fog lights to my truck that did not come with them stock. i would like to install a factory pull out light switch and wire them into this.
does anyone know what the difference is between eh night vision 35W hid's vs the 55w fog light kit at retrosoultions.com?
http://retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?NIGHTVISION_HID_KIT-pid752.html

what else would i need to mount them? brackets to hold them into the bumper? would it be best to junk yard a factory kit or fab somthing to hold these in with? i want to run with HID's either way.

for the rear suspension i want to raise it up a tad, the front is getting a 4" so to go cheap and dirty i was thinking of these: http://www.topguncustomz.com/p-7166-...block-set.aspx its only a 2" so i cant imagine id have any major issues with it, would i?

·
Super Moderator
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
there was a product i had come across that was some kind of new bushing to go onto the shaft of the steering rod... i forget its name tho

what are all the components in the front end of a 2nd gen? sway bar, shocks, coils, upper and lower control arms, pitman arm (what does it attach to?), track bar, steering stabilizer (its factory correct?), what else?

for the rear suspension i want to raise it up a tad, the front is getting a 4" so to go cheap and dirty i was thinking of these: http://www.topguncustomz.com/p-7166-94-02-dodge-ram-25003500-2-rear-lift-block-set.aspx its only a 2" so i cant imagine id have any major issues with it, would i?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Stabilizer. I have seen the collar you are referring too and as far as I can tell it will just get rid of a little play in wheel but won't fix death wobble that comes from the steering box not having the support for the torque being put into it from the wheels at higher speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a stabilizer already on, it came with the truck. its not enough. i have about 4.5" of play in the steering wheel

also, my A/C system as not been hooked up since i bought the truck. idk how long the system has been drained but the compressor is squealing alot so i assume its about ready to break apart from lack of lube. will a 1500 compressor fit on the 2500 or does it need to be specifically for the diesel?

i was looking at installing fog lights, do i need the factory kit or do most after markets have brackets to mount?

·
Super Moderator
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wait... i have a shock absorber horizontal on the front of hte truck. its stock right? these trucks came with that, right? that is the stabilizer correct? i also have that steel bar that fits under the steering box thats an after market addon - is that what you were talking about getting?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Look in the non-powertrain section.. I just read a thread there saying some have not had good luck with the borg boxes..

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Try adjusting the steering box before replacement. Also, check the rag joint on the steering shaft. After adjusting box & replacing shaft, I have fine steering.

Ed

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i almost want to rip the entire front end off and swap it with a 2001... better breaks, bolt on 3rd gen stuff, ect

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.