1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which of the two is better. pros and cons please

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well so far i havent had any trouble out of mine. i really want to try the edge ez sometime. im not wanting to go real big with the mods just something that will work well with my stock tranny. any suggestions

· Registered
54 Posts
I've got a VA SmartBox R, but I haven't had anything else to compare it to. It's a significant improvement over stock performance. 60hp/159lbs @ 2000rpm. It gives a nice kick where the stock fuel/timing started to lose it's gusto. I like it. Hope that helps.

· Registered
54 Posts
I didn't think added enough fuel to warrant more boost, but I might try that... I've looked to the boost fooler/elbow setup for future mods. I need some gauges first though.

· Registered
54 Posts
Put a boost fooler with that Smartbox R and it runs a LOT better! Oh yeah, get a boost elbow when you do the fooler.
I didn't think added enough fuel to warrant more boost, but I might try that... I've looked to the boost fooler/elbow setup for future mods. I need some gauges first though.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so with my superchips if i add a boost fooler and a boost elbow what will that do for me

· Registered
1,795 Posts
I had a bunch of different things on my 06. Smarty, Edge, Superchips, Powerpuck, and by far the best power and best economy was my Van Aaken C5. Smarty was a very close second.

I'd love to find a VA for my 02, and I would run it over a superchips anyday. Hell i'd run stock over a superchips.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well if you ran it stock over a superchip i think that would be wrong bc i could def. tell a difference when i installed it

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but again what will the boost fooler and boost elbow do for me

· Registered
1,795 Posts
well if you ran it stock over a superchip i think that would be wrong bc i could def. tell a difference when i installed it
Superchips had the highest EGTs and worst mileage out of everything, including stock. I'd take less power, more mileage and way less EGT's over that anyday. :D But that's just me, I think superchips is junk.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well what do you think about the edge ez

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well im guessing its better than the superchip

· Registered
1,795 Posts
well what do you think about the edge ez
Actually, I just picked up an edge comp for my 02. I'm still waiting for my stealth plate to get here, but i'm dying to put it in. I'm told if I run it without the Vp tap, it's the same as an EZ.

I'll report back this weekend with how it works out. I like Edge products, easy installs, good quality, higher egt's that Smarty but good consistant power. I've read that for our trucks that Edge is better than Smarty.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i dont want as much power as the smarty puts out right now. i dont feel like replacing the tranny.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alright well all i need to do is find me an edge ez and sell my superchip

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.