Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pricing Valvoline Premium Blue today. While I was at the Napa store near my house the salesman told me that the Napa 15-40w was the same oil as the Valvoline Premium Blue. Any one have an insight on this. I have been running Chevron Delo 400. I am going to switch to Valvoline Premium Blue. The Valvoline was 13.99 and the Napa oil was 9.99.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am pretty sure NAPA oil is Valvoline. I am almost positive that the NAPA High Mileage oil is the same as the Valvoline High Mileage for example. It would not surprise me one bit if they are the same.

·
Registered
153 Posts
:popcorn:i'll be keepin an eye on this post :$:

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I dunno, Carquest always told me that their brand of oil was made by Valvoline. Two questions I have, are they just lying? And is it made by Valvoline the way the Ford pinto and the Aston Martin Vanquish are both made by Ford?

At the Carquest I used to go to, I knew the guys behind the counter really well and I know they wouldn't lie to me, so they at least believe it, whether or not its true remains to be seen...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Im like you, I know the guys that work at my NAPA very well and they have told me this. NAPA makes great products IMO so thats why it would not surprise me at all. I will look more into this tomorrow and let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I was pricing Valvoline Premium Blue today. While I was at the Napa store near my house the salesman told me that the Napa 15-40w was the same oil as the Valvoline Premium Blue. Any one have an insight on this. I have been running Chevron Delo 400. I am going to switch to Valvoline Premium Blue. The Valvoline was 13.99 and the Napa oil was 9.99.
I just gave $16.80 each for the Valvoline Premium Blue @ Napa

·
Registered
152 Posts
As long as it has the proper CJ-4 low ash ratings, I would say go ahead and buy the NAPA brand. If it isn't made by Valvoline I'll bet it is made by some other reputable manufacturer so you are still safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts