Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just found the valvoline premium blue at farm&fleet 9.50 a gal was getting it at autozone for 12 bucks a gal. Just thought i'd post since i've been trying to find it cheaper. Oh and 500 miles on the egr delete and the oil is still clean.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Where are you located??? I havent even seen it in our farm and fleet stores around here? I can only find it at certain autozone's

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Yea there is one in Charlestown and Scottsburg IN, which is right in my backdoor at home, which is where I am at when I change my oil.....gota shop with a lift and everything makes things SOOO much easier to change

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
Also for thought. according to the test in the TDR with different oils. The valvoline blue 15w-40 was #1 on the list and the valvoline blue syn 5w-40 did not do so well in the test.

and Delo 400 was a much better oil then Delo 400le

·
Cope Wisconsin Chapter VP
433 Posts
Don't use valvoline oil............ever. I currently work for Ashland who owns Valvoline i help out maintain 4 stores in MN and know a thing or two about there oil. I legally canlt tell you why but don't use premium blue or premium blue extreme

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Don't use valvoline oil............ever. I currently work for Ashland who owns Valvoline i help out maintain 4 stores in MN and know a thing or two about there oil. I legally canlt tell you why but don't use premium blue or premium blue extreme
you cant say stuff like that then not explain .ha ha....

I have used it and nothing but it in my 97 my 03 and now my 06 and never had any probs (knock on wood) and im not doubting you maybe I have just been lucky

·
Cope Wisconsin Chapter VP
433 Posts
Well i had a co-worker post why it's not good to use premium blue on competition diesel and a someone working for ashland reported him and he was fired on the spot

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that was at the ottawa illinois farm&fleet. Anyone have a link to that tdr test?

·
Registered
98 Posts

All I can say is that I have been using valvoline premium blue for several years and never ever had a problem :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Another thing it is highly recommended by cummins themselves :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
that was at the ottawa illinois farm&fleet. Anyone have a link to that tdr test?
It was in there Mag Issue 56(pages 50-52) and 57(around pages 52),

If i get the time i will try to scan them and post them up.

I have alot of respect for TDR and i trust there test.

Grated to, that most of the test where done on CI-4 oil, The few CJ-4 that they did, did not do to well. But Valvoline has changed to the CJ-4 since then.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
If what you say is true, Then you already said enough to hurt there Name.

·
Registered
265 Posts
WTF. How come it was rated #1 in that tdr test but be junk? Cummins does put there logo on it.... i guess i'll just stick to my John Deere 15w-40

·
Registered
336 Posts
you cant say stuff like that then not explain .ha ha....

I have used it and nothing but it in my 97 my 03 and now my 06 and never had any probs (knock on wood) and im not doubting you maybe I have just been lucky
:agree2::confused: I Hate it when someone sounds off then expect the rest of us to "trust" that he has the answer.

(IMHO) Back it up or leave it alone. :coocoo

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
WTF. How come it was rated #1 in that tdr test but be junk? Cummins does put there logo on it.... i guess i'll just stick to my John Deere 15w-40
Well i would have to tell you that I feel they did a good job on the test and that it could be trusted. They broke the oil down and gave counts on what they found in the oil. They put it through many different test. But again myself or somebody else that have the mags in hand will have to scan and post them for yal to see for your self.

John Deere does have a great oil in my opinion but it was not in there test if i remember correctly.

But if cummins is going to put there name on a oil it must live up to there standards.

I think the Shell Rotella was about fourth or fifth on the list. the rotella syn not good according to the test.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts