Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys i got a question for whoever can answer me this? well first of all does anyone out there know where i can find a 4000 rpm governor spring at? and second of all will the 60 lb aftermarket valve springs for a second gen workk on my first gen???? thanks a bunch

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well, I just looked and can't find the number.. I know the 3200 spring is 366.. Don't know how much reading you've done on the two.. But I've read the 3200 spring is by far the better choice.. easier to drive and if you have the fuel supply it will fuel past 3200rpm... I have it and love it, big difference...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I just looked and can't find the number.. I know the 3200 spring is 366.. Don't know how much reading you've done on the two.. But I've read the 3200 spring is by far the better choice.. easier to drive and if you have the fuel supply it will fuel past 3200rpm... I have it and love it, big difference...
alrighty thanks a ton! where did you get your 3200 spring from? and is it very hard to install?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I get mine off ebay.. There is a guy that sells them for like 18 bucks shipped.. I just bought two the other day.. Think he had one left.. Just do a search 3200rpm ve spring.. or govenor spring.. Not to difficult, just a little time consuming for the first one.. There is a write up on DTR.. Step by step, walks ya right throught it, there is also a write up on the guys e-bay page too.. Good luck.. If you can't find one, I'll sell ya my extra one..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get mine off ebay.. There is a guy that sells them for like 18 bucks shipped.. I just bought two the other day.. Think he had one left.. Just do a search 3200rpm ve spring.. or govenor spring.. Not to difficult, just a little time consuming for the first one.. There is a write up on DTR.. Step by step, walks ya right throught it, there is also a write up on the guys e-bay page too.. Good luck.. If you can't find one, I'll sell ya my extra one..
hey thanks a ton man for all your help! and if i cant find one ill get back to you on that spare one you got! but hey thanks again:thumbsup:

·
So God Made a Farmer..
2,176 Posts
yes the valve springs should work on yours cuz both 1st and 2nd gen run the same heads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts