Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing to know if i can run the stock valve springs with a s300/htb3 twins setup i need to know if the boost will open the valves or am i just worrying too much

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know the ht3b is not wastegated so i guess that depends on fuleing maybe 60psi

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Its a good idea to do them, at what point I have no clue. I would get worried somewhere above 55psi but others have gone higher. Valve float and contact with the pistons is not a good thing.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Boost and RPM.....

If your going much further than 60PSI regularly, valve springs are cheap insurance to keep from floating the valves.....

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
RyeThomas how much boost do you see with your set up?? jw
I have mine wastegated at around 65, its hard to tell exactly cause when they hit on the street you are moving so fast you gotta pay attention to the road.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey guys, I just got the 110 springs put in my truck but i haven't got it back yet (major work to the head). Everything is stock, mostly, and I was wondering if I will have problems with the new springs and only 30 lbs of boost?

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
So what does it take to run upwards of 90 lbs of boost?

Well your gonna need a ton of fuel, no need to run 90lbs if your not fueling it. Your gonna need new age studs, and you should think about o-rings. And not to be smart but you will need a trailer or a friend with a tow truck if you plan on driving it alot cause your gonna break stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts