Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pictures of there chrome valve covers or anything else they did like paint them etc. I need to replace my gaskets and im thinking about sanding them down and painting them black. Im trying to get ideas of what’s been done and what I can do. Also anyone paint the plate that goes over the covers?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Covers

I Painted The Covers Blue N The Plate Blue

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought the aluminum cover that covers the valve covers from geno's to keep from having to paint the individual valve covers. I think you can see it in my truck pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
i polished mine. ill get some pics up tomarrow

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Anyone have pictures of there chrome valve covers or anything else they did like paint them etc. I need to replace my gaskets and im thinking about sanding them down and painting them black. Im trying to get ideas of what’s been done and what I can do. Also anyone paint the plate that goes over the covers?
they are not black already??

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Here is mine:

·
Registered
207 Posts
still gotta get some new bolts for them

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
It's a kit that Cummins used to sell. I have read that Shied Diesel in PA has the chrome kits now. The kit had six valve covers, intake air horn, heater pipes, and generator bracket. The turbo shield is stainless from Larryb. The upper picture is older so you can see the chipped paint on the injection lines. That paint has been removed in the lower picture.

·
Registered
207 Posts
oh, i thought you polished them. i bet they cost you a pretty penny.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
It was a $300 Christmas present from my wife.

·
Registered
207 Posts
cool, i guess since im still young i still have the energy to polish things. LOL it takes forever, i would never do that for someone else, each valve cover took me about 3 hours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts