Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I snapped off one of the plastic tabs on the valve cover gasket today while installing my boost bolt for my boost gauge. I didn't think anything of it until I noticed a small puddle of oil after driving approx. 30 miles.

I drove back home and noticed the same thing. When I opened up the hood I noticed that oil had seeped all around the broken tab, so I opened up the valve cover. I confirmed that the gasket is leaking, so now time to replace.

A couple of questions:

1) Anyone replace one? If so, how difficult is it to do? I've already gotten the 6 valve cover bolts off, but still need to remove the two lines to the right (IIRC they are coolant related).

2) For those that have replaced it, where did you find the best source for the part. I noticed the Mopar part is over $200, and Geno's has one for a little over $100.

Any help is appreciated since I did a search, but found mostly conversation in the 1st and 2nd gen section.

I'm almost wondering if it makes sense to take it to a shop, even though I'm fairly mechanically inclined.

Thoughts?

·
Piggy Piggy
3,422 Posts
Are you talking about the black plastic piece that has all of the wiring on it for the injector's ?Or are you talking about the metal spacer that sit's on top or the head ?

If it is the black piece "Injector wiring harness" then just pull your valve cover off 6 bolts.Then take off the nuts that are or the injector stud.Replace and put it back together.

Is this what you need ?
http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=5264950

·
Registered
86 Posts
I do happen to have a spare gasket laying around that I picked up with a set of injectors I purchased. If you are interested let me know. Not looking to get anything out of it, you cover the shipping and its yours. Dang thing has been sitting in the garage for a year

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.