Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not really sure where to post this, so I'll start here.

I'm looking at a '94 4x4, reg cab, auto, 98,000 miles. Very well maintained engine and trans (I took it for a 45 min test drive yesterday, filled his tank before and after, 20 MPG up and down little hills in the contry :thumbsup).

Only things wrong with it that I can see are the seals on the top of the cab are pulling away from cab and looking like they could leak at some point, driver's power lock control doesn't work, pax power window control doesn't work although the window does roll down with the driver's controls. The KDP has NOT been tabbed.

Owner is asking $9750, but I was thinking of offering more like in the 8K range. The KBB and NADA guides in our area suggest a value much lower than what is being asked.

Sooo, what do y'all think this truck is worth?? Located in Washington state.

Cheers to anyone who read all the way through that :beer

·
Registered
861 Posts
i got my 94 in august of 07 so last summer. it had 140,000 on it and i got it for 6500 and it was is ok condition(as in it needed new carpet and headliner and a few other cosmetic things but it ran great). i wouldnt go over 8 for it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
yeah i paid 9750 for mine with a lot of extras and no problems but for the low miles and stuff i would go around 8k

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just sold a 94 3500 V-10 for $5000, it only had 93K miles on it and was in pretty good shape. Hope that helps

·
Registered
135 Posts
They really go for whatever people are willing to pay for them in that area. I'm from Wenatchee, WA and my 16 yr old brother just bought a 95 manual with 175k on it for 8 (tuned and lifted). I think it would be worth right about 8 in washington with that low of miles.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Last summer I bought mine in SW Missouri, it had 94k on the clock and a really clean interior (minus the usual split in the driver's seat seam); everything worked well, no major leaks. I paid $9k, and that was low for what they go for around here. If the one you're looking at has issues, sounds like $8k is in the ballpark.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
i bought a 96, ext cab, 180hp p-pump, long bed, 4wd, auto, 134k miles, a/c clutch bad, needed new track bar, all tie rods, KDP not pulled, body in great shape, interior great shape, may replace the carpet, 8250$ out the door.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Have you made an offer on it yet, Where in Washington is it located?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replys gents!

Lol, bought it.

$8250 :beer

It got 20.8 mpg highway the first 2 times I drove it. I'm going through a whole tank now to see what kind of 'real life' mileage (i.e. just driving, not watching the skinny pedal) it gets.

So far I like it :) First truck, first diesel, first auto since my first car. Ordered an intake, about to order gauges, reading about exhausts and auto trans stuff like TC's and valve bodies. Good times :woot:

On a side note, my '94 has this stamped engine cover similar to a valve cover...I do CNC work making custom Corvette, GTO, Camaro valve covers...

I'm going to make a billet aluminum cover and would like to know what other years are these covers found on? (not the ones above, the ones on my '94 CTD) Mine just has two studs that are fixed into the motor that it mounts to. Doesn't seal anything, just a beauty piece.

:beer,
Ryan

·
Registered
273 Posts
make us all one for FREE. :rof:rof:rof

·
Cope Wisconsin Chapter VP
433 Posts
i got my 93 for 3,050 and it runs like a charm sure it had 229,593mi but it ran smooth as my grandpa's 89 well he has a 89 a 92 and a 98.5 but his 92 has only 68,234mi and i swear i can't tell the difference just as smooth

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PM sent (minimum post length is 10 characters...WTH?)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For the record, I will only be making one for myself and maybe a couple other folks. I can't go selling stuff here without being a supporting vendor.

Totally not fair to the guys paying to keep up the forum :beer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts