Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 93 year old mother-in-law just gave up driving and I am looking to sell her 1998 Dodge 2500 SLT 4wd Quad Cab with 86K on it. She bought it brand new and it has not been abused (mechanically) although in the last few years she has bumped into a few things and there are some body dents. The engine oil was changed on a regular basis but she let slide other fluid changes. I would like to get her a fair price for the truck. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
24,609 Posts
My 93 year old mother-in-law just gave up driving and I am looking to sell her 1998 Dodge 2500 SLT 4wd Quad Cab with 86K on it. She bought it brand new and it has not been abused (mechanically) although in the last few years she has bumped into a few things and there are some body dents. The engine oil was changed on a regular basis but she let slide other fluid changes. I would like to get her a fair price for the truck. Any suggestions?
Is this a 12v 1998 or a 24v 1998.5? I need to move this to the proper Section.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well, they're holding or even going up in value. Being that it's a one owner truck , it looks pretty clean. I'd say safe bet once you drive it and give it a shake down cruise AND it doesn't have rust, out here you'd get 20k all day long.(not that I'd pay that). You can kbb it and see where it's at. Work from there. Compare it to others on CL.

·
Registered
2007 Laramie 3500 5.9L DRW Crewcab LB 4x4 48re 4:10 FASS165 G&R Sump Pacbrake PRXB 31k miles
58 Posts
My 93 year old mother-in-law just gave up driving and I am looking to sell her 1998 Dodge 2500 SLT 4wd Quad Cab with 86K
93 year old mother-in-law driving a RAM 4x4...pretty cool...

I see my 92 yr old tomorrow. Wanna trade?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Get it cleaned up and detailed.
You can call Gateway Car Connection and see if they're interested.

·
Registered
23,863 Posts
Welcome. We have seen a lot of grany trucks before but not any great, great granny trucks. Recently, some 4x4 stcok trucks in good shape under 100k have went for 20-25k if no rust. Remember you can always lower price bun not raise itg when you leave money on the table.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts