Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a lot of folks on here running the MP8/Extreme Power Puck stacked with an edge box, but what about those running the Smarty or XRT stacked with an MP8/EPP? I'm interested in seeing some dyno numbers supporting the idea that rail pressure boxes are still valid with our recently-released tuning abilities.

I feel like they offer a quicker way to lose fuel pressure with a comparatively lesser gain, i guess i've never been much of a believer in the merits of stand alone fuel pressure control.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mine seems to help with the PMT on extreme but I'm curious to see how it will stack with the smarty also

·
700hp Club
2,199 Posts
i have not been on a dyno with the xrt yet but i can tell you that WOT on the 120hp setting(MP8 off) rail pressure is peaking at 25k, with the xrt at 120 and the MP8 @ 100%, rail pressure peaks at 30k and i can definately feel a difference

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
I also am interested in these fact especially after the TDR magazine article that was posted on here quoted Marco saying, if i remember it all right that he had some concern with the added fuel pressures causing quicker fuel component wear and didnt see that much benefit from them on the 6.7 . Guys dont hold me to exact wording I will try and find the post and change this if i need to.

MARCO OH MARCO WHERE IS THOU MARCO

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Interesting. I can defintely tell a difference when the mp8 is cranked vs. when it is not.

Its noticeable.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Yea its pretty easy to feel a difference... turn it all the way down, get going down the road... stomp the go pedal and then turn it up after a few seconds... you can feel the diff...

·
Registered
640 Posts
My Power Puck was a great addition! I can feel a very significant differance with the Puck turned up. Also I pick up 1 to 2 MPGs on the Highway. The fuel pressure increase seems to compliment the added timing of the tuners. Now with the complex tables the Smarty will revise I am not sure the benifits will be as substancial.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have found on the dyno it makes about 55 horsepower extra, but it can run you out of fuel if you do not have the supporting mods, so you have to play with it. I can only turn mine up to about 50% after that I lose a couple horsepower, it makes a good fuel economy gain on the street which I think is worth it.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
with a stock lift pump yes it can cause it to run out of fuel. combined with a fass i think a pressure box is a great addition to any truck. easy,inexpensive,hp

·
Registered
640 Posts
Nice Cowpunch!

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
definitely notice a big difference between having to mp8 on or off...I'm actually running my xrt at the 60hp setting and my mp8 100% and really like it there...well would like the 120 xrt 100 mp8 but my tranny doesn't seem to agree....Will be going to the dyno on Thursday and will be playing doing the following runs to get a good idea of whats what...

Stock power with deletes
MP8 100%
MP8 and rokktech sensor to 100%(if I have time)
XRT 120HP
XRT 120 HP stacked with MP8 100%
XRT 60HP MP8 100% my daily driver tune(if I have time)

PS Cowpunch - I love the picture...:drool2:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
definitely notice a big difference between having to mp8 on or off...I'm actually running my xrt at the 60hp setting and my mp8 100% and really like it there...well would like the 120 xrt 100 mp8 but my tranny doesn't seem to agree....Will be going to the dyno on Thursday and will be playing doing the following runs to get a good idea of whats what...

Stock power with deletes
MP8 100%
MP8 and rokktech sensor to 100%(if I have time)
XRT 120HP
XRT 120 HP stacked with MP8 100%
XRT 60HP MP8 100% my daily driver tune(if I have time)

PS Cowpunch - I love the picture...:drool2:
Great news! Please do the XRT 60hp tune! :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
very sir very...about 4 days till release:party:
Ok I must be honest, I didn't know Smarty did that. The point I was trying to make with this thread is simple. With today's new programmers, if you haven't got enough power, load the next 50hp higher tune and go; with no need for anything else. I've been reminded there's no such thing as 'too much' power, so there's my answer.

Steve

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,458 Posts
I also wasn't aware until today that the S67 was going to include the REVO software. Guess my EPP is up for sale now. I haven't been using it anyway...

·
Registered
305 Posts
From MADS

"170 Horsepower increase with additional timing. Do not use for prolonged high speed runs! Speeds exceeding approx 105Mph can result in high exhaust gas temperatures and damage the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) !!!"

:lol4::doh::hehe::S::shock:

I'm really stoked to see so many products starting to hit the shelves this year. Y'all keep it up! :headbang:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts