Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hooked to a sled yet with a valair dual disc? How are they holdin up?

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
from what i was told they where in pulling trucks first:thumbsup

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Id like to see proof of that one!
thats why i said (was told) not sure or any prof. so far mine is holding for me:thumbsup

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
i wrealy would love to see how the DD valair hold up. I cant remember what their DD are rated at. I need a new clutch for pulling and was wondering how they would hold up. But it looks like Im going with a South Bend triple disc (couldnt pass up the deal Peter gave me!) plus their shop is only 45 min away.

Ill keep an eye out for rigs running them this summer!

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Quote: Id like to see proof of that one!

we have tried them in several pulling trucks, some have been running almost a year. and we have sold around 100 in the past 3 months, so they should start showing up soon. I can give you some references but it would be better if they chime in on their own,

·
Registered
661 Posts
i wrealy would love to see how the DD valair hold up. I cant remember what their DD are rated at. I need a new clutch for pulling and was wondering how they would hold up. But it looks like Im going with a South Bend triple disc (couldnt pass up the deal Peter gave me!) plus their shop is only 45 min away.

Ill keep an eye out for rigs running them this summer!
where did you order your southbend? in the market for one

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
I havent hooked to the sled yet but when i do i will surely give my input.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
South Bend makes a triple disk???
as does valair!...lets not turn this into a southbend thread the guy who started it simply wanted any input from guys with Valair DD's that have hooked to a sled.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
oopps you started the thread my bad

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have them in mine and my brothers trucks. 2 hooks on mine and 5 on my brothers everything seems good. Many 4th gear launch burnouts on mine

·
Registered
436 Posts
I havn't done any sled pulling yet, but I will be in Deleon TX aug 7-10, definatly plan on dong some pullin!
I have done lots of boosted (20 psi)3rd gear 4x4launches at the drag strip, and it hasn't even phased this clutch!!:thumbsup

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a valair dd ceramic 3600# plate and its doing great. I have over 30 hard passes dowm the track and its starting to get a lil weak but i cant complain a bit. I have put this clutch through murder: sled pulling boosted burn-outs drag racing and 20,000 miles so i give 100% of my vote to dan at Valair. Give him a call hes a great guy to talk to and can fix ya up with whatever you need!
YouTube - mt vernon, oh 2008

·
Registered
374 Posts
I hooked to the sled 3 times, a few 3rd gear launches, many donuts, and alot of burnouts with mine. You could say I get alittle ignorant with it some times. But the clutch never skips a beat. Its always ready for its next torture test. I love it. Great job with these clutches Dan.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i got two hooks and about 6 3rd gear launches on mine and it's been holding great. i hope to have a new turbo on to really put it to the test come deleon. :peelout

1 - 20 of 35 Posts