Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have some questions about the clutch I just had installed in my truck. I have an 07 2500 with the 5.9 liter engine. The clutch I had installed is a Valair dual disc organic clutch. The problem I'm having is the clutch is engaging VERY close to the floorboard and I'm getting a good bit of chatter when it first engages and also when I downshift. But no chatter when I upshift. The clutch is also grabbing so hard when I let out in 2nd that I've stalled the truck twice so far. I haven't completed the break in period, I've only put about 20 miles on the new clutch. Does any of this sound normal? I do know that the stock hydraulics are still in the truck because the one that was sent with the clutch looks nothing like what is in the truck stock. I really don't want to have to pay to have the transmission pulled out of the truck again so I'm really hoping all of this is normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
I recommend the South Bend HD hydraulics. You won't need to pull the trans to install them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm running a south bend 3600# and mine acts the same way. You just have to get used to it if you want to be able to handle a good amount of power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just discovered a new problem on the way to work this morning. Now my clutch isn't wanting to fully disengage. This is starting to drive me crazy! Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I do know that the stock hydraulics are still in the truck .
I just discovered a new problem on the way to work this morning. Now my clutch isn't wanting to fully disengage. This is starting to drive me crazy! Does anyone have any ideas?
I suspect either the clutch slave or clutch master cylinder is leaking. If you added a Valair DD clutch you need the upgraded hydraulics.

:thumbsup:

Reactions: nick03

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
^^^^^ what he said, your aftermarket pressure plate force is way more than your stock clutch. And sounds like your stock hydros are donezo... Don't believe either set of aftermarket hydros require the removal of the transmission to install though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna call Valair because what they sent with the clutch doesn't look like what's under the hood. There isn't even the bracket that they talk about in the instructions.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna call Valair because what they sent with the clutch doesn't look like what's under the hood. There isn't even the bracket that they talk about in the instructions.

Yeah I think on my '06 I literally zip tied the reservoir for the master cylinder for the aftermarket one. So sounds like you already have the heavy duty one. Just needs to be installed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
3 footin' through life
12,306 Posts
Have you contacted Valair? Start there and don't do any further posting until then. They are readily available on Facebook even on the weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts