Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my parking brake light stuck on and after some research I found out that my vacuum sensor is not reading correctly. Is it safe to delete the sensor? I cant find any replacements online. Im think of just plugging off the vacuum hose or installing a mechanical vacuum guage in place of the vacuum sensor. I unplugged the sensor for now to get rid of the brake light on the dash. just wondering

·
Registered
18,695 Posts
It's only function is to illuminate the light when vacuum is low. Those of us with hydraboost brakes don't have a sensor. My opinion is you can delete it safely. There are other ways to know if the vacuum is working as designed.

Reactions: 199412vcummins

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's only function is to illuminate the light when vacuum is low. Those of us with hydraboost brakes don't have a sensor. My opinion is you can delete it safely. There are other ways to know if the vacuum is working as designed.
Thanks, question for you. is it worth the money to replace the vacuum brake booster with a complete hydraulic brake system. Ive heard of guys doing that upgrade on the early second gen trucks.

·
Registered
18,695 Posts
You already have a complete hydraulic brake system. What I'm pretty sure you are asking is if replacing the vacuum boost to a hydra boost is worth the effort and money. Lots of people think so.

Reactions: 199412vcummins

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You already have a complete hydraulic brake system. What I'm pretty sure you are asking is if replacing the vacuum boost to a hydra boost is worth the effort and money. Lots of people think so.
Yeah that's what I meant. the truck has been giving me all sorts of hell with vacuum leaks recently which is making me considering doing a hydroboost conversion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts