Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just recently did some power upgrades, and i am putting down roughly 4 million horsepower now (atleast thats what the stock clutch is acting like) so in short i need a new Dual disc clutch to handle it. oh and i do tow alot, and need to slip it to get the boat up the driveway, thats why i want the DD. also lookin at doin some boosted launches, so billet shaft too, and i have a little leak on the output seal that needs taken care of too. the trans is an NV5600... what kinda $$$ will i be lookin at?

·
Registered
725 Posts
you aint going o get a dd to slip a little i had the street dd and it didn't slip at all even with my toy hauler on it. and a south bend street dd was about 1700 bucks

·
Registered
760 Posts
yeah i pretty happy w my south bend dd. i got the 3250 and it was $1300. was guna get the 3600 but peter at sb talked me out of it. said if i'm never going to sled pull go 3250. he told me they really under rated it cuz hes got some some cr pushin like 800hp daily drivers with the 3250. and i dident have to upgrade my hyd. just my .02

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
yeah i pretty happy w my south bend dd. i got the 3250 and it was $1300. was guna get the 3600 but peter at sb talked me out of it. said if i'm never going to sled pull go 3250. he told me they really under rated it cuz hes got some some cr pushin like 800hp daily drivers with the 3250. and i dident have to upgrade my hyd. just my .02
a 3250 huh ? thats good to know, think i just bought a 62mm turbo :headbang: and you know how it goes big injectors then a clutch, ill be checking into that one

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, i do use 4x4 after i get it lined up, but getting it lined up i have to ride the clutch a little. i guess what i mean is that i don't want to be shaken to death trying to slip it a little..

and yes DD do slip, nicely

1 - 6 of 6 Posts