Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of the guys i work with runs 50/50 used filtered tranny fluid/ diesel.

what do you guys think about that? have any of you tired it out there?

he has a 7.3l ford

·
Registered
168 Posts
A lot of guys swear by it. I am not convinced. I run 2 cycle in mine. It is meant to burn. Tranny fluid is not. But as you will see looking around on here...everyone has a TRICK that they love.

beads

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much 2 cycle oil do you use?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've run tranny fluid before. Runs great. I've got a good connection for motor oil now though, so that's all i run now.

What's the truck that your talking about, i know that the newer truck are much more temperamental about this kind of thing.

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
what year truck do you have dieseltech?

that link i put down will tell you what to use.

·
Registered
205 Posts
What does running oil/trans fluid do for you. Its not really enough to offset fuel prices. I'm sure it helps with lubricity, anything else?

·
Registered
588 Posts
if you running 50/50 tranny fluid to diesel it will certainly offset fuel costs, especially if you get the tranny fluid for free. Half of a $120 fill up would be great about now

·
Registered
205 Posts
I use 1 oz to 1 gal. of fuel. Love it.
That is 35oz. for me.

if you running 50/50 tranny fluid to diesel it will certainly offset fuel costs, especially if you get the tranny fluid for free. Half of a $120 fill up would be great about now
The above is what prompted me to say the offset would not be enough.

As far as trans. fluid goes, I might run new stuff but I work in a trans shop and I wouldnt put the used stuff in my truck. That stuff is nasty. I wouldnt be comfortable trying to filter it myself and most of the fluid I see would plug a fuel filter solid. Plus, what about the additives/synthetics people run in there transmissions? I have a wasteoil burner and it doesnt like to burn the synthetics.

Sorry for the scepticism (sp?).

But if its a viable alternative fuel I'm in Fat City with all the fluid we take in in a day.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beads159
I use 1 oz to 1 gal. of fuel. Love it.

That is 35oz. for me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is correct. I run it for lubrication, better mileage, and peace of mind from the new ulsd.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have an 07.5 cummins with a 6.7l. i dont think i can run it until i remove the egr and all the in the exhuast.

i can get trany fluid from my dealership for free. so its very tempting to use alittle.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anyone running using tranny fluid or 2 cycle oil in there 6.7l yet?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have been running about 10% tranny fluid in my truck and on my second tank no problems yet. will let you all no if any happen

1 - 17 of 17 Posts