Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a used smarty sr ME. Loaded the M tune on it. Loaded it on my truck on SW1 which according to the sheet is 30 HP with raised timed. I'm wanting reliability and MPG. I was reading about the custom revo settings (bear with me I'm learning). My smarty was used but I loaded the M sw before loading to my truck. If the prev owner had changed the revo settings, would loading the new sw set that back to default? Driving it sounds like it may have a little timing rattle, but I'm a hypochondriac when it comes to my vehicles.

I'm after MPG and reliability. No head studs yet. I'm a pretty conservative driver. Where should I set this thing for daily driving? I also tow a 15-16k# toy hauler. Where should I set for towing. No gauges yet, but it's next along with egr delete and a CAI. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would stay around sw 1 or 3 timming on mild

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Injectors are what make the rattle, I've been told that it doesn't hurt anything and that it's just the design of the Injector, but if you wanna keep the timing level your on I'd say you just have to get used to the noise if not then back it down to a lower timing level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts