Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a guy that owes me some money and wants to trade a programmer instead. It's a PPE but it's used. He said he only used it for a day (he is a dealer). My question is... are programmers like trucks where the more you use them the more they get abused? Is there anything I can do to tell if it is a good one or if it's a piece of junk and something is wrong with it? And how much $$$ is it worth (it's a 215 hp)?

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
Nah, unless you throw it around and stomp on it, there shouldn't be a problem, especially if it has only been used once.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,566 Posts
looks like its around $600 - $700 on the website.

if its only been used once, i would pick it up !
eventually the board will get weak in transmitting
a signal, similar to a computer, but overall the box
would prolly last a helluva long while.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just make sure it completely comes out of his truck and download it while you are their that way if something is wrong with it he is their to witness the problem and cant give you the runaround saying you broke it etc.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Unless it was treated like an old cell phone, being dropped or thrown after a fight with your old lady, you should be fine. The one he's offering is a PPE Xcellerator (judging by the 215 hp you said it offered) Thats a $570.00 programmer so you can do the math if it will suffice for what he owes you.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I do taxidermy and he owes 300 on a mule deer head so I guess that would be a pretty good trade. It's for an 06 dodge but it should fit my truck right?

·
Registered
97 Posts
like big busa said the box'll be fine unless u threw it around or didnt keep it in the box when u werent using it. id say if he really only used it once its prolly a good deal since ur making like 300 bucks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it true that they can be vin locked?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yes, the Smarty needs to be put back to "Stock" before you can program your truck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
the ppe has to be put back to stock also before it is used on a different truck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts