Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Used Oil?

823 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  awenthol
I was talking to some guy today and he said that he was running used engine oil in his powerjoke. I looked at hjim like hge was crazy and told him that was the reason his truck ran like crap.:lol3: Has anyone else ever heard of this? I would never think of doing that to my truck, but anyways!!!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,814 Posts
I have heard of it but wouldn't do it because of the heavy metals that would be there. If you filtered it real good I might add some in every tank(a gallon or two) but that would be about it. Just takes a few metal shavings in the pump to make a good day go bad

· Registered
47 Posts
check the alternative fuel forum I've been doing it in my 85 vw diesel and my 90 powerstrock box truck. need to get a fuel pressure gauge for the cummins before I try anything. If you have a 12 valve you are pretty safe

· Substation Operator
1,163 Posts
I'm in the process of seting this up. Just got a 1/8" steel box for my aux tank. I have to strip it and weld baffles. Currently in the process of installing A piller gauges. Boost, EGT, Fuel Pressure.

· Premium Member
3,328 Posts
Cummins used to say up to 10% WEO was acceptable. The was in the VE and P pump days.

Some ever the road trucks "recycle" WEO right from the crankcase, you jut keep putting clean oil in and change the filter at the maintenance interval.

· SC Chapter President
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well... I guess I owe my friend an apology. I thought he was bsing me, but I was wrong. He didn't go into depth if he was filtering it or not. I assumed that he was pouring it straight into the tank. I upon occasion will have some used oil hanging around the shop. Maybe I could try it on my 12 valve!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.