Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to do a frontend overhaul and was curious if any of you run urethane control arm bushings or sould i use moog stock replacements.. If so where could i find such a thing..:$:

·
SC Chapter President
1,288 Posts
One of the guys on here, 95cummins12valve, just rebuilt his front end using urethane bushings. He bought all of them at the local NAPA. PM him and pick his brain. Tell him Brian sent cha!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I got mine from Performance Suspension Technology , it also comes with new outer tie rod ends and ball joints for less than $300, if I rememeber correctly. Good Luck. BTW I love the way it tightnede up the front end.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys Ill look into it.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I just put graphite filled bushings from Energy Suspension Parts Dealer, Specializing in Energy Suspension Bushings Suspension Components. in my 96. I also replaced the sway bar bushings with graphite filled polyurethane. I noticed a vast improvement. If I had it to do again (and I probably will) I would look at the welded tubular replacement control links. The stock links are stamped sheet metal with pressed in tubes for the bushings. I have not held any in my hands but the tubular replacements look to be stronger and easier with which to work. They, of course, also cost more.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
I would use MOOG track bar and tie rods. Much bigger then stock and i love the ones that i put on my truck

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
Can somebody tell me how to push the old bushings out of the metal sleeve. I do not have access to a torch. is there a tool for this job. I have the bushings.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Can somebody tell me how to push the old bushings out of the metal sleeve. I do not have access to a torch. is there a tool for this job. I have the bushings.
The easiest way I've found to do it when there is no access to a torch is to take a holesaw and cut most of the rubber bushing out. Then you can take an air chisel and knock the rest of it out easily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts