Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some cheap upgrades for my truck. It is all stock. i need information about intakes, exhaust, turbos, injectors, programmers/chips, etc. Any ideas and prices would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
409 Posts
Lift pump first. Dint do anything before that. Then injectors and a good programmer.

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
BHAF isnt to expensive but wont change anything but a little more turbo wistle. Take the scilencer ring out of your turbo too.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Remember jus like u are guna build a house foundation first

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Lift pump first. Dint do anything before that. Then injectors and a good programmer.
FASS or AirDog before anything else because VP44's are cheap

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
im wanting to know the same things, it was my plan to do a lift pump first but which one? would i be waisting my money doing a raptor150? or go for the airdog?

·
Registered
630 Posts
FASS or Airdog/Raptor (same company I think)...Do a 100GPH lift pump or pay the extra $15 and get a 150GPH lift pump. I personally would go with a FASS...but what do I know about Airdog. They both seem like you can't really go wrong with either one of them. FASS seems a bit better built though and FASS has really good warranty :thumbsup:. After that I would do a chip of some sort (edge EZ, quad adrenaline, edge juice with attitude) IMO I would get a chip that comes with gauges too...monitoring boost, pyro, trans, etc are a good preventative mod. You can pick up a nice chip on the classifieds section here for a real good price...Some mild 40HP over RV275 injectors are a nice upgrade; RV275s are really reasonably priced injectors. There is an article on DTR somewhere that states an aftermarket exhaust and intake aren't very useful until higher HP numbers (450+ I think it was). :cbadge2: Good luck!

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
lift pump first and fore most! bhaf, 4" or 5" turbo back exhaust, and transmission upgrades(billet single disc and a shift kit). you can kill a stock auto with very minor power upgrades on these trucks.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
The stickies at the top of the 24v performance page are a wealth of information.

Starting there would be a great first step.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am going to go buy a BHAF. The guy i bought the truck from said it had a FASS fuel system but i dont know how to check it. Silencer ring is out already.

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
I am going to go buy a BHAF. The guy i bought the truck from said it had a FASS fuel system but i dont know how to check it. Silencer ring is out already.
if it does have a fass it should be mounted on the block or down on the frame rail.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Wen u bump the key u should b able to hear it....if u own a vp truck do yourself a favor keep $1k stashed away where the wife dont get it cuz if u keep ur truck very long there is a good chance your vp will kick the bucket and it will be when u least expect it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I found that out the hard way, alternator went out and wasnt feeding enough diesel through, it loped really good then went out. dropped $1K from thoroughbred diesel for a new one. now my whole ac system is out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if it does have a fass it should be mounted on the block or down on the frame rail.
I looked and cannot find any such item. so I think he lied to me. I will start with the air filter first, 150gph FASS fuel system, then larger exhaust/turbo, 150hp injectors, then programmers. Any info on which air filter, what brand of exhaust, what kind of turbo, or injectors are the best?

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will do, Ive read that FASS are better built and have better warranties than Airdog, Ive also been wanting to get a Quadzilla Adrenaline? any info on this?

·
Registered
123 Posts
seriously man do some research. People on here are willing to help, but soon they will stop. All the questions you're asking have been asked 1000 times before. And to be honest, there is no best, its all a matter of what the person likes, with some exceptions. Trust me, you will be miles ahead if you do the reading and learn as you go.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and feed him for a life time...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
seriously man do some research. People on here are willing to help, but soon they will stop. All the questions you're asking have been asked 1000 times before. And to be honest, there is no best, its all a matter of what the person likes, with some exceptions. Trust me, you will be miles ahead if you do the reading and learn as you go.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and feed him for a life time...
Yea man i understand, I have been looking around but everything i read sounds good but Ive not seen anybody using anything around Northwest Arkansas. Its mostly a bunch of gassers running up and down the road. Im just trying to get as much info as i can before i buy something and end up regreting it. ive read hundreds of articles, looked at websites, etc and still have no idea about half this stuff.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts