Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2012 2500 and just curious what upgrades you would suggest to put on to get the best MPG and what you guys get for MPG.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Use the search function there are tons of threads that address your question. :banghead:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Stock everything, the very best I saw was 16.5mpg with 35s hand calced. I now have seen a best of 24mpg, but I didnt go over 60mph to get it, I regularly see mid 19s w/ normal driving thanks to deletes and H&S.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yeah delete it. I dont have a 2012. But i know 6.7l cummins dont do as good as a 6.7l deleted. Some maybe differ but 90% of people on here are deleted and dont regret it. Using the search thread u will find TONS of threads just like yours. Many people have different opinions on what programer to use and exhaust and such. But i recommend rollinsmokediesel.com if you decided to delete. just my .02

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Yeah delete it. I dont have a 2012. But i know 6.7l cummins dont do as good as a 6.7l deleted. Some maybe differ but 90% of people on here are deleted and dont regret it. Using the search thread u will find TONS of threads just like yours. Many people have different opinions on what programer to use and exhaust and such. But i recommend rollinsmokediesel.com if you decided to delete. just my .02
:stirpot: I am pretty sure the number of members here that have deleted 6.7s is much lower than 90%.Those that post MPG and Power mods will indeed be a high %.
Deleting will increase MPG but will also delete warranty.If that is a non-issue delete away.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
with whats in my sig I get a consistant 20mpg hand calculated with combined in town and highway driving!!!

Reactions: fltr2009

·
Air Force Vet
2,423 Posts
with whats in my sig I get a consistant 20mpg hand calculated with combined in town and highway driving!!!
Jlmaster: Do you really get 20 mpg combined with a suspension lift and larger tires? The best I've ever done on a stock truck is 17.9 mpg empty driving from Salt Lake City to San Diego and back.

How do you do it? Thanks in advance for your response.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I sure do I hand calculated 21.7mpg's from Kansas city to st louis and back!!! It is just a suspension level. but I am deleted, with a turbo back exhaust, I was running wild and had the snow performance mpgmax on the entire time. But I average around 20mpgs with city and highway driving!!

Reactions: natecs
1 - 8 of 8 Posts