Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been towing 5k-6k but may soon be towing 12k-18k(I want to stay under 26k GVW). What modifications would be good for my trans? What mileage do you offer in your warranty?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
It really depends on what modifications you will be making in the future along with your driving habits. example: Drive the crap out if it, just pulling trailers, Sled pulling, all the above, etc,,, we need to know. Our warranty is 12 months, but that warranty is against anything we did not necesarilly anything you can do, make sure you get the right clutch for your application.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
good luck with your decision on a clutch

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It really depends on what modifications you will be making in the future along with your driving habits. example: Drive the crap out if it, just pulling trailers, Sled pulling, all the above, etc,,, we need to know. Our warranty is 12 months, but that warranty is against anything we did not necesarilly anything you can do, make sure you get the right clutch for your application.
This is my work truck. I'll be towing a gooseneck/5th wheel to 18,000lbs. I may modify it to 400rwhp, but I'm not going to beat on it. Fuel costs too much now to have a lead foot.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
This is my work truck. I'll be towing a gooseneck/5th wheel to 18,000lbs. I may modify it to 400rwhp, but I'm not going to beat on it. Fuel costs too much now to have a lead foot.
Our pt # NMU70G56-06 its our Ceramic/Kevlar solid flywheel conversion and you will also need a NMU70HYD-03 hydro kit. this is a smooth clutch and can handle up to 500HP. But not designed for launching.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our pt # NMU70G56-06 its our Ceramic/Kevlar solid flywheel conversion and you will also need a NMU70HYD-03 hydro kit. this is a smooth clutch and can handle up to 500HP. But not designed for dumping of the clutch.
You also need to be aware that when you convert your truck to a SMF (solid flywheel) and use a Performance type clutch you may experience some gear clatter when your truck is idling and your foot is off of the clutch. the DMF ( Dual Mass Flywheel) that is in your truck removes engine spikes passed through the engine to the driveline. Some truck rattle more than others. However if the rattle is excessive a Fluid Dampner will eliminate the engine spikes and most of the rattle and make you truck operate much smoother,
thanks for the inquiry
Appreciate the info. Yes I have a Fluidampr on the motor and edited my sig to reflect that. As you can probly tell, I know nothing about manual transmissions except how to shift them which is why I'm in here asking questions.

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
Thanks.

Our pt # NMU70G56-06 its our Ceramic/Kevlar solid flywheel conversion and you will also need a NMU70HYD-03 hydro kit. this is a smooth clutch and can handle up to 500HP. But not designed for dumping of the clutch.
You also need to be aware that when you convert your truck to a SMF (solid flywheel) and use a Performance type clutch you may experience some gear clatter when your truck is idling and your foot is off of the clutch. the DMF ( Dual Mass Flywheel) that is in your truck removes engine spikes passed through the engine to the driveline. Some truck rattle more than others. However if the rattle is excessive a Fluid Dampner will eliminate the engine spikes and most of the rattle and make you truck operate much smoother,
thanks for the inquiry
Thanks for the verification of what to expect clatter wise when doing the SMF conversion. I might just put a Fluid Dampner in prior to ordering a clutch. I'm really spoiled by the stock clutch's quiet operation.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the verification of what to expect clatter wise when doing the SMF conversion. I might just put a Fluid Dampner in prior to ordering a clutch. I'm really spoiled by the stock clutch's quiet operation.
The Fluidampr took a lot of vibration out of my motor. You should pleased with it.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...You also need to be aware that when you convert your truck to a SMF (solid flywheel) and use a Performance type clutch you may experience some gear clatter when your truck is idling and your foot is off of the clutch...
I do that a lot when I'm sitting at a light, or in rush hour traffic. Really saves my leg to drop into neutral and relax. I did that with my other 3500 too which had the 48RE.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Just so you know this is the Valair Sponsor sections. Kinda like going to the dodge dealer and recommending a Duramax. Just a thought.:rof

BTW, I love my valair!:peelout

1 - 16 of 16 Posts