Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 2500 and I just upgraded to the 52122362AE kit for the 2008 steering upgrade.

Now I am reading about a recall for the steering linkage drag link inner tie rod. What I am unsure about is does the kit I just installed already have this upgrade or will I need this recall as well?

thank you in advance

·
Registered
103 Posts
If the stabilizer is held on to the steering bar by u-bolts u need another upgrade. Sorry, but it was the older steering that had the old tapered bolt through the bar setup, u may need the recall.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ive read that the new 2008 upgrade actually caused the DW- and if my truck has over 70K how can I get the new upgrade- warrantied- any suggestions

·
Registered
103 Posts
A safty recall is not effected by mileage, you can have 140k on the truck and be 4th owner,if it needs it, it gets it. Manufacturer eats it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats the first I have heard that the 08 steering actually causes DW. anyone on here every not have DW until you upgraded to the 08 Steering?

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
the recall had nothing to do with death woble had to do with the angle of pitman arm and the joint it conects to and the dampaner bracket on the drag link it had to small of ubolts they could pos. come lose and slid to 1 end and look steering . just had mine done yeterday they repaced the dampaner bracket te pitman arm and joint at pitman arm if the dampaner braketubolt are 13mm wrench it will be replace with 1 with 15mm the pitman arm they go by the # on that . hope this helps

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Easymon, great explanation! I checked and the bolts on my dampner are 15mm. Do you know where and what numbers to look for on the pitman arm bolt?

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
dont remember of hand but i believe mine ended in ab and the replacemet was aa just talked to dealer on monday thay stoped the recall and now they may recall the recall what a deal but sso as it stand the dealers were told to stop doing recall till further notice but there not saying forsure what there trying to to correct.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
the part # on the pitman arm ending in eather aa -or ab

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.