Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for more fuel. It is a daily driver. I'm looking at getting a 33% with Industrial Injection CP3 pump. over pump with stock injectors. Right now running smarty touch. Here's a log i did the other night. Ironically saw this post and it got me thinking. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
If you tried to attach a picture or link, it didn't work.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I just had a similar question. What I've found is that an upgraded CP3 is not needed until you get OVER 30% over injectors. So I think a bigger pump is probably a waste for you if you are wanting to stay with your stock injectors. If you are planning on boosting power in the future with bigger injectors etc. I certainly don't think it will hurt anything to run as is though.

As mentioned above I can't see your log if you posted it, but if you're having issues with pressure, I'd think a stock CP3 would fix it with stock injectors.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I just had a similar question. What I've found is that an upgraded CP3 is not needed until you get OVER 30% over injectors. So I think a bigger pump is probably a waste for you if you are wanting to stay with your stock injectors. If you are planning on boosting power in the future with bigger injectors etc. I certainly don't think it will hurt anything to run as is though.

As mentioned above I can't see your log if you posted it, but if you're having issues with pressure, I'd think a stock CP3 would fix it with stock injectors.
My stock CP3 can't keep up with my 50 HP sticks WOT. So it seems that at least 50 HP injectors and bigger need a bigger CP3 to get the full potential out of the injectors.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
748 Posts
Im sure someone might chime in and tell you to try the Arson kit, but I don't think they're made anymore. I'm going to give the II bag of parts a try on mine.

·
Ducati M.
6,815 Posts
The 33% ii cp3 is just a stock pump with a bag of parts in it basically. The only real difference in flow is above 3000rpm. They’re a decent option if you’re already replacing the pump, but they won’t support a lot more than the stock pump.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Im sure someone might chime in and tell you to try the Arson kit, but I don't think they're made anymore. I'm going to give the II bag of parts a try on mine.

https://www.motorsportdiesel.com/product/arson-3-cp3-kit/

Just a FYI I put the arson 3 kit on my truck years ago didn’t notice a huge difference. It did help some but one thing I did noticed I got rail pop after installing it. I’ve learn to drive the truck in a way that it doesn’t pop . I have 100 hp injectors and my cp3 pump had about 180k on it when I installed the arson kit, i can drive the truck with the smarty on level 9 and it pulls hard but I’m sure it pull harder and run better with a 10m pump and hp tuners. So a new 10m pump is on my wish list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mike @ Dude's Diesel Performance
251 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking for more fuel. It is a daily driver. I'm looking at getting a 33% with Industrial Injection CP3 pump. over pump with stock injectors. Right now running smarty touch. Here's a log i did the other night. Ironically saw this post and it got me thinking. Any thoughts?
What is the reason for wanting more fuel on stock injectors? As other have said stock pump can handle a bit more than stock injectors unless there is something else going on (bad part or tuning)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts