Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Do you have any codes present? How is your power and economy? Having run such consistently low fuel pressure (7psi idle, 5 psi cruise, 0-3 psi WOT :shock:), I would be very concerned about damage to the the VP44...

Over time, low fuel pressure to the VP44 can damage the diaphragm in the front of the pump, causing the timing piston to vibrate. The rotor may also have issues, causing cavitation. The increased fuel pressure from the Raptor pump may simply be bringing existing problems to light.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
With no codes, immediate starts, 19.6 MPG, and no seeming loss of power, your VP44 is most likely okay... :thumbsup:

Check things over, and keep an eye open for issues. There's a good chance nothing at all is wrong. If it makes you feel any better, when I swapped in new injectors, they minutely changed the idle characteristics of my truck to where the normal vibration in the steering wheel / brake pedal felt slightly different. Sometimes performance upgrades can manifest themselves in little ways like that.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Maybe it's shaking more cause it's actually getting adequate fuel?
Based on what's been discussed, that's exactly what I'm thinking...

Take care of the fuel pressure sensor leak (which I'm sure you've already done), and you should be good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.