Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am tired of these leaky trans lines and will be replacing them when I drop in my MISH cooler next week. I see a few pre made kits out there but would rather get hydro lines for the price.
Does anybody who have the upgraded lines have a measurement of the three lines so I can have them made and slap them on with minimal down time? Giving him the measurements would be easier than him taking my current lines for a day or two.
Thanks for the help.

Trying to learn
Sorry no help from me.
Someone might know, but may take time to get the info.

Good idea for custom lines 馃憣

Registered
I am going to be building my trans and have been putting the stuff together to do the lines when I drop in the Mishimoto as well. I talked to Power Driven and for their kit they said you can get away with 13 but send 14 feet of line.

Not telling you my approach is better because I haven't done mine yet much less tried both ways. But I got all the fittings and Vibrant ATF rated braided line from summit for just under $200 shipped. I can post up all the part numbers if you want.

Reactions: Hennessy79

Registered
I am going to be building my trans and have been putting the stuff together to do the lines when I drop in the Mishimoto as well. I talked to Power Driven and for their kit they said you can get away with 13 but send 14 feet of line.

Not telling you my approach is better because I haven't done mine yet much less tried both ways. But I got all the fittings and Vibrant ATF rated braided line from summit for just under $200 shipped. I can post up all the part numbers if you want.
That would be great if you could. I just put in an order in through Vibrant for this as well and want to make sure I got everything I am going to need. I am just hoping mine hold on long enough for my order to get here. They are rusted and starting to leak pretty badly.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke to the guy at the hydraulic store today about making the lines and he said it would be around $60-$80 for the three lines. (hose and 8AN fittings) I think I will just run a piece of hose in the spot I would be running the lines and measure it.
I will post up the info if I don't get some aftermarket line specs in the near future so its here for reference.
I still will need to get the 1/4NPT to 8AN connecters for the trans as well as the fitting for the new Mishimoto cooler.
Of course I will get this all done and then want to delete the exchanger and have to run new lines again. lol

Registered
That would be great if you could. I just put in an order in through Vibrant for this as well and want to make sure I got everything I am going to need. I am just hoping mine hold on long enough for my order to get here. They are rusted and starting to leak pretty badly.

Vibrant 21008 // -8AN Straight Hose Fitting x 4 (Two at the cooler and two at the heat exchanger)
Vibrant 10219 // -8ANx1/4" NPT adapter fitting x 2 (Into transmission case)
Vibrant 21908 // -8AN 90 Degree Fitting (Transmission inlet)
Vibrant 21408 // -8AN 45 Degree Fitting (Transmission outlet)
Billet Aluminum Line Separator x 2 (Personal preference)

NOTE/EDIT: I have NOT done this install yet so no one blindly take my parts list as gospel. I have been wrong on a lot more things than right so do your own research to make sure. PDD just came out with a video that I watched after my part number post on their replacement line kit. After watching it I am going to send two straight fittings back and replace them with 90 degree.

Reactions: Hennessy79

Registered
Perfect thank you! I should be okay because I ordered a couple extra 45 and 90 based on how my mind thought would work best for routing. Now just cross my fingers the old rust bucket will hold on until the get here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts