Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to do 90hp injectors, 60lb valve springs, and 4k gov springs. What do I need to do to assist with the fueling/air for my truck and what should I look at doing along with the upgrades to keep my motor as safe as possible? Thanks ahead of time. My truck is pretty much stock just afc housing turned up some which I plan to turn down with the upgrades and gauges coming with everything else.

·
On call 24/7
12,400 Posts
That should run good. I run the same setup on mine and it runs good and clean with plenty of power.

·
On call 24/7
12,400 Posts
Yes, tune the afc and the hx35 should be fine. I run a BHAF and honestly the stock airbox was probably fine, although the minder did get pulled down a little after a while

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, tune the afc and the hx35 should be fine. I run a BHAF and honestly the stock airbox was probably fine, although the minder did get pulled down a little after a while
yea I’ve already got the BHAF on my truck I was just worried about not enough air coming in and the egts being really high since the injectors would be pushing more fuel and the valve springs and gov springs will be allowing for more power. Thank you

·
Registered
737 Posts
What is a "90hp injectors"?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
On call 24/7
12,400 Posts
My egt’s run nice and cool with the same setup. Bump the timing up to 16-18

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I would upgrade the turbo to a 57/65/14. It will do wonders with that setup

·
On call 24/7
12,400 Posts
Yes, I ran the same setup with hx35 and then switched to a 62/65/14 and it ran great.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Maybe I missed it but what is your trans situation? Auto? Manual?

·
Registered
737 Posts
5X.012 SAC 145° 12-Valve Injector They are supposed to boost 90hp
Ok cool that was the info I was looking for.
A 5x12, 5x14, 5x16 are all capable of boosting power by 90hp but are very different in combination of parts.

You can run them with the HX35 you'll need to tune the AFC accordingly. You don't want to run more than 35psi for any length of time if you're looking for any reliability/longevity out of it.

Any of the turbos mentioned will work great along side proper AFC tuning. I myself run a SXE 62/68/.7 with that injector.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After doing some more research 125hp injectors ain’t too far and hey ain’t never heard someone complain of too much hp lol would I run into problems there so just stick with 90 or will the 125 do alright too 6x.011

·
Vendor
8,263 Posts
5x.013 and 6x.011 flow about the same. Too much for an hx35 if you are turning the pump up. Great for a 62/68/12 for daily driving and near 500HP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts