Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone swapped the rear disk brakes from a late 2nd gen truck to a early 2nd gen? i have a srw dana 80 and was wondering if 01-02 setup would bolt on? would there be any issues with my factory master cylinder? or any aftermarket ideas? i would prefer factory parts. thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
It should work, im not sure if you could bolt on the bracket or if you would have to weld one on. If you have issues with the master cylinder you can get a proportioning valve to correct it. I would recamend just doing the upgraded GM wheel cylinder form the 1 ton. I frogot the part number but it made my brakes amazing you can do a search on CF for it. Helped pedal feel and travel and helped braking ability by 20-30% and even more towing.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks jeepinoveru .so you just put on better rear brake cylinders? and that helped out a bit? I appreciate the info.:thumbsup

·
Registered
231 Posts
Found the number for you Napa part # 4637337 Yea these cylinders make the dodge brakes great, also check the bottom adjustment screw while you have the drums off because mine were seased up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts