Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Laramie with the touch screen radio without nav. I rode with my mom while she test drove a new 2011 compass that had the same radio also. The layout was cleaner and had some nice improvements compared to mine. I asked the sales guy if I could get the software to update to have the same setup. Of course he didn't know but did say they had done some updates to the 2011 models. Yeah, I see that....That's why I'm asking:banghead: So does anyone know if that is possible or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Some 11's MyGigs have a Garmin enable nav system which are much better than the POS ones and they are a cheaper option. Some of the new Chryslers have a new 10 inch system with no buttons, I think the Charger, 300 and Journey are getting it first. Would be nice to see these in the Ram in the future. I really hate the Harmon nav system that has been on the mygig system for a while. Who ever designed it needs to be slapped.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It looks like essentially the same head unit as the '10's, right? So what I think your asking is whether or not you can get a disc to update the firmware to look like the '11 interface and nav.

I don't know, but am subscribing to see if anyone does...

·
Salty Squid
770 Posts
I'd like to know as well. I felt like I was slapped in the face with the sub-par 2010 GPS get up in the rig. Everything else I like, just highly dislike the Navigation function that was a mere $1800 or so...

·
Registered
18 Posts
my 2010 has nav - and boy is it retarded - one big thing I hate is the state and city selection - just retarded programming - anybody that has one knows what I'm talking about. So - How hard would it be to update these pos's to some software that works?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Some trucks are getting Garmin (the new and good one) and others are getting Harmon (old and crappy) nav system. I too would love the Garmin update.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Some trucks are getting Garmin (the new and good one) and others are getting Harmon (old and crappy) nav system. I too would love the Garmin update.
subscribed ....I would love the Garmin update as well - that Harmon programming is horrible. :agree2:

·
Salty Squid
770 Posts
I wonder if we complain to the yet to be verified "RAMtruck" that says they're corporate RAM maybe they will do something about it.

Not that I'm holding my breath on that one or anything...

·
Registered
69 Posts
No you can not update the radio but you can replace the 730 rer to the newer 730 rhr. I am in the process of having this done on warranty as I complained enough about the horriable routing on my current nav.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
A little off subject, but along the same lines. My 2010 is just and SLT with standard cd/sat/ stereo. It does have the connection in the top glove box for an Ipod. I am wanting to find a touch screen stereo like comes in the Laramie. Does anyone know if this will be a plug and play setup? Still work with the steering wheel controls?? Not so worried about Nav working. I would just like to have one of the stereos. Or an aftermarket, along the same quality. Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes for the most part it should be plug and play, except you will need to have a dealer program it for your truck once installed. You also need to make sure the radio is designed to operate on the same bus speed as your truck. Your truck should have a high speed bus but your dealer should be able to confirm this the factory radios come in both high and low speed. Depending on what vehicle it was manufactured for.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You may want to check out: OEM Auto Parts They tell you what works and does not work. There is low speed and high speed bus. I'm not smart on this yet, but it seems involved. More than a swap out it seems. Better to be armed with advice than to spend your hard earned money and get screwed!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts