Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck idle fluctuates from 600 to 1000 rpms at idle. In gear and not. With the chip and without. Full tank and Empty. This a little concerning and dont know what the problem is. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Dirty injectors?

Fuel filter changed when?

Air filter cleaned or changed when?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel changed 5127 miles ago and the filter was cleaned about a month, moth and a half.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Dump a can of seafoam in and run her hard. Be amazed at the results!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10-4, Will give it a try in the morning and pick up a new fuel filter.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Seafoam? I'm interested.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have used Powerservice in the past and i will pick up a container tommarow A.M. as for the Seafoam is it good for Diesel? I've used it in gassers and mowers.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
SeaFoam contains a lot of Alcohol and its not recommended by Dodge or Cummins to be used in a diesel engine even though the maker of SeaFoam claims it can be used in diesel. Alcohol is used sometimes to de-gel gelled fuel and then only in something like Power Service 911 that also contains additives for the fuel system.

JMHO

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
can you actaully tell the truck is idling that much difference or is it just the tach bouncing... (not trying to seem like a smart ) but my tach is doing similar things right now but the truck itself isnt actually idling that way just the tach bouncing I have heard of other guys having the same problem

·
Mark Ward
837 Posts
mine used to do that in the past. The tach would jump around.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Its either a sticking injector or your FCA in the CP3.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input. The truck actually idles up and down. I was hoping it wasnt anything serious because I use this truck for my business and once I fix something I will jump into it with both feet. Injectors, turbo, etc. Thanks I'll keep you informed on what it turns out to be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts