Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Unplugging the throttle valve

14648 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Schmidty
A friend of mine asked if his 6.7 would run ok if his throttle valve was unplugged?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts

· Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, he's a member here but his internet is down his name is drt086.7

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
Yes, he's a member here but his internet is down his name is drt086.7
Okay. I went and looked him up according to his signature he has the edge. He will need to keep it plugged in, but he can remove the butterfly flapper from inside. I believe if he unhooks it he will get a code. Not too sure on the edge thou.
Andy

· Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Take out the flapper or the gear. But you must leave the motor plugged in. If he unplugs the EGR tell him NOT to clear codes. Works better without clearing the code.

Reactions: Onelongshot

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
Take out the flapper or the gear. But you must leave the motor plugged in. If he unplugs the EGR tell him NOT to clear codes. Works better without clearing the code.
See I knew someone would chime in that was more familiar with the edge than me.
andy

· Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright thanks a lot ill let him know.

· Registered
1,070 Posts
Thanks fellas. I just had a guy asking me about it and my internet was down. I thought i was right that it couldnt be done without the XRT or smarty.

· Registered
257 Posts
Hey when I installed all my stuff I forgot to unplug the throttle valve, felt like it was falling on it's face top end, I recently unplugged it and it feels better but sometimes it stutters, could that butterfly be moving around inside even if the connector is unplugged

· Registered
960 Posts
Edge

I run the edge race and the egr is unplugged. The codes still clear on start up. I still have an active butterfly with causes the truck to idle rough when it first starts if the temp is above 35 or so degrees. I will remove the gear when I get a chance.

DAD mentioned that if you allow the EGR code to exist the truck will run a different fuel map which increases mileage but will lose about 40 hp. If you clear the code(s) your mileage may not increase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.