Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my exhaust and XRT yesterday, but I did not unplug the EGR. Can I go back and unplug this now with no problems or would I have to re-install the XRT program? I would like to get the EGR shut off as quickly as possible. Any help on this is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I installed my exhaust and XRT yesterday, but I did not unplug the EGR. Can I go back and unplug this now with no problems or would I have to re-install the XRT program? I would like to get the EGR shut off as quickly as possible. Any help on this is appreciated.
As long as you are running the 60HP or 120HP tune, you can unplug your EGR with no troubles. Just make sure that the key is off before you unplug anything or you will get codes. Other than that, go for it!

-Casey

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running the stock tune now, can I unplug it on the stock tune?

·
Diesel Lunatic
204 Posts
After I installed everything I shut the truck down removed the sensors and started truck and "wala" o codes, I've logged about 250 code free miles:party018:

·
Registered
640 Posts
After I installed everything I shut the truck down removed the sensors and started truck and "wala" o codes, I've logged about 250 code free miles:party018:
When you say "I removed the sensors" what are you reffering to?

·
Diesel Lunatic
204 Posts
What I meant was the 2 plugs that are in the xrt directions. The one on the front of the ERG and there is one underneath with a red lock tab, plug is gray. Sorry for the confusion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts