Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that unpluging the EGR is better for the truck my question is if I plug it back in will the light go back out preventing the dealer from knowing ?

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
The light will clear after 4-5 key cycles. The code will still be stored. A cheap way around that is a stop by an AuoZone or other parts store. They will usually hook you up and read the codes. Then just ask them to clear them for ya. An investment in a cheap reader clearing device would be good. They are available for $75-$150.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
Can you clear the codes with the 5 cycle key trick or no?

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Edge insight

I just got a Edge Insight that I have not added to my sig yet I see it has provisions for clearing codes my next question is will it keep a record of the code being cleared that the dealer will also see ?
Will there be a record of cleared codes kept on the trucks computer ?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I just try to remember to clear mine before I start the truck every time with my PMT

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I just got a Edge Insight that I have not added to my sig yet I see it has provisions for clearing codes my next question is will it keep a record of the code being cleared that the dealer will also see ?
Will there be a record of cleared codes kept on the trucks computer ?
With the amount of problems that the egr system causes on stock 6.7's, the dealer would not even question any residual codes should there be any.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

thanks for your time

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
With the amount of problems that the egr system causes on stock 6.7's, the dealer would not even question any residual codes should there be any.
:ditto:
had mine unplugged and took it in for the h34 recall. told them about the CEL, they didn't even question it and replaced the entire egr on the drivers side. kinda made me feel bad but, not so much considering that if they hadn't put the damn thing on there in the first place i wouldn't even have a CEL...oh well i'm just happy to take some money away from Chrysler :lol2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts