anybody no what the p242f code is cant seem to find it anywhwere

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,131 Posts

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what could be causing this??,i just put the new volant cai on the other day and since then my service air filter message came would those codes cause the message to come on and why would those codes be acting up cause the other code was p1451 diesal particulate filtre performance

·
Registered
343 Posts
Im getting the same codes are yoou getting the etc light too

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats that the etc

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,131 Posts
what could be causing this??,i just put the new volant cai on the other day and since then my service air filter message came would those codes cause the message to come on and why would those codes be acting up cause the other code was p1451 diesal particulate filtre performance
Sounds like your truck isnt completing its full regeneration process. Are you doing short trips and in town driving. If you do lots of short trips or city driving it will keep in regen trying to burn out the dpf. But in town its not getting the egts hot enuf to burn it out and it keeps building up with soot.

And if you do short trips and dont finish the regen cycle it will go into regen every start up waiting for a long drive to clean out the system. Regeneration takes around 20 minutes of highway driving to clean it out and finish.

Also some 6.7s had some troubles with dpf system and needed a new flash to fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts