Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this truck not too long ago and just realized a couple days ago when I was taking out my silencer ring that it has an aftermarket adjustable wastegate actuator, threaded and everything. So I take it out and try to tighen it, but to no avail; it wouldn't budge more than an 1/8th turn. So what do I go and do? throw it in a vise and crank the livin' out of it and....snap my actuator is now a 2 piece :CRY: But I weld the damn thing back together, throw some washers as shims between the actuator itself and the bracket and hook it all back up and can't get past 30psi/ 34-35ish when the overdrive locks up. So I yank off the vacuum line and shove a bolt in it...32psi WOT. WTF?? anybody know why I can't get 35psi wot without a friggen vacuum line? I can when the overdrive kicks in, but I cant when I'm racing. Any help?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Uhh, just curious but which turbo do you have? OEM?

·
Diesel South
1,545 Posts
stock injectors? stock turbo+ edge box= 30-32psi!!! If you want more get some bigger injectors

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
:beer no vacuum line to the turbo..................boost

·
Registered
435 Posts
If its the stock turbo you shouldnt be making more than 30-32psi with it. They usually dont like that and wont last too long. It might be time to upgrade it.

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh, its the factory hx35 and factory injectors. I'm currently not running a vacuum line and und WOT it will only boost to 32psi but if the OD or 3rd locks in too soon and I don't completely full throttle it, it'll run 35psi and feel like a damn slingshot. Well, if this is normal for the upgrades that I have now, fine, but Thanks a lot for the information!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts