Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have been playing with the S03 for a while since Bob fixed it for me. My question is when they talk about injection duration, and timing and torque (etic), can someone expand on what those numbers have in effect on the value?

Like the timing for example, 0 is for the catcer timing change i assume correct?

so 1 is stock, does this mean if i set it to 1 that means it has the same timing as the motor would stock? if so then why have level 6 (which is boost fueling but no timing?

i8 know that the higher the number the more agressive the timing gets but how aggressive, and how about the tm, my truck doesn't seem to have any difference if i set TM on 1 or 6.

I have spoken to Mike Nealson (mopar1973man and he also is interesting to see.

The reason i ask is because my truck is set to 7, with tm at 6, the timing is set to 0, and duration is set to 1, but i ave no clue if that is helping or hurting the truck since the numbers seem like they do nothing when i romp on it to test for drivability.

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
They have the option of fuel only or fuel and timing because some people have modified VP44 pumps that automatically add timing. Some people also already have chips on their pumps that add timing.

You don't want to run too advanced, but the Smarty has no idea if you have one of these timing mods, therefore it's up to you to decide if you want the timing advance or not.

Torque is torque limiting factor of your PCM. The factory PCM has a feature called Torque Management which will detune the engine to protect the factory Automatic Transmission. I don't believe Manual Transmission equipped vehicles have this feature.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have also noticed(possibly just in my head) that the throttle is more sensitive(touchy) if torque is set on higher levels. Anyone else notice this or is it just me imagining it?

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
I have also noticed(possibly just in my head) that the throttle is more sensitive(touchy) if torque is set on higher levels. Anyone else notice this or is it just me imagining it?
I don't usually run with the torque management changed or any of the high power settings on a regular basis.

But I did try it for a day... Torque management disabled, high power.

It still felt like my foot was connected to the engine by telegraph.

Stop on the skinny pedal, count to five, and then the engine revs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.