Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 dodge bighorn, and I hate the seat in it. does anyone else have really hard spots in their seat. It feels like I have a really fat wallet in both pockets. Does anyone know of a aftermarket seat, or something to fix it. Just curious, this is my one and only complaint about my truck. Thanks

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
:welcome: Seems to me to be a simple answer. :$: Just send me your wallet. :rof I have had an uncomfortable seat in the last 3 Dodge trucks that I owned, and just have not spent the :$::$: to get a better one. Probably because my :butt: is handling it better than my billfold

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
yea send me that wallet and i can fill that hole in my seat where a wallet is suppose to go! lol. The 06's seats are very comfortable i think. is there a difference? do you have 40/20/40 seats??

·
Registered
240 Posts
look into air ride seats... then you can get a compressor that you can use to run air bags with...AND train horns. lol.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I just got my 07 Big Horn last week :hyper:. I came from an 04 Z71 w/leather. I don't know if it's the seats or the fact that I like the truck so much but I think these seats are more comfortable. They do have the lumbar adjuster on the side, don't know if that will help you though.

·
Registered
430 Posts
i hear people like the early cr seats better than the 06 and 07 but i enjoy all the ones i sat in. ill trade you seats:lol3:

·
Registered
177 Posts
There was a post on here somewhere, where someone put in 2" foam padding in the bottom of the seat. There is a write up and pictures of how to do it. Anyone help out on this?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I put the foam in my 07 seats & it made a world of difference. I had an 06 B4 this & everyone that has rode in the 06 & 07 B4 the foam mod said they were uncomfortable.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Did you all see my thread on the Essential seats yesterday??

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
I have a 07 Big Horne myself and hate my seats. I plan on getting some more comfty ones later on down the road.

·
Registered
240 Posts
That "3rd gen seat fix" doesn't really address the real problem.

The problem isn't the crappy padding in the middle of the seat so much, its that there isn't any padding on the sides, above the metal seat frame. 15,000 miles on my truck, and my seat is toast. I'm literally sitting on metal covered in fabric.

I'm thinking of having an upholstery shop add padding to the sides of the seat, then maybe doing the other seat fix myself.

Overall I'm not real impressed with the fit & finish details of my Dodge. I like some aspects of the truck (power, looks, etc), but it has a lot of little quirks. Vibrations, sliding rear window rattles, lots of misc. rattles in the interior, crummy seats.

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
That "3rd gen seat fix" doesn't really address the real problem.

The problem isn't the crappy padding in the middle of the seat so much, its that there isn't any padding on the sides, above the metal seat frame. 15,000 miles on my truck, and my seat is toast. I'm literally sitting on metal covered in fabric.

I'm thinking of having an upholstery shop add padding to the sides of the seat, then maybe doing the other seat fix myself.

Overall I'm not real impressed with the fit & finish details of my Dodge. I like some aspects of the truck (power, looks, etc), but it has a lot of little quirks. Vibrations, sliding rear window rattles, lots of misc. rattles in the interior, crummy seats.
well sounds like to me you got a the bad apple. no vibrations, no rattles period and seats are like new. and iv done my fair share of ladys in that truck:lol3::rof

·
Registered
117 Posts
Heres what I am looking at:
Seating Products

I am just wondering if anyone has tried these yet? They make seats that bolt right in with no issues.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
door locks

door locks are the only thing that rattles in my truck i dont know why dodge doesnt use the slider locks like in the chevy

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I went to my 07 dodge from a 00 chevy silverado and I gotta say that the only thing I miss about my chevy is the seats. I have been wanting to get leather again pretty badly and just haven't been able to make that purchase yet. I loved my chevy seats and I still miss them every time I get into my old truck. I have to look at it because I sold it to my cousin. I won't be trading him back.... but I liked thos seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been looking on the internet for a replacement seat as well. My wife drives a 2008 Tahoe and man what a difference. I've had a 2003 Quad 1500 and a 2007 Quad 1500 and those seats were not anywhere close to how crappy the seat in my 2007 Mega 2500.

Here is another website that I am waiting for a reply on.

truck accessories, replacement seats, chevy, ford, highbacks

Thanks for suggesting the Superior Seats Inc. I emailed them as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts