Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you know that you cant get cab lights on a 3500 mega dually. When you check the cab light option it reverts you to the single wheel group. Whats up with that.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I don't know. It's weird. There are other options which do the same thing to me too. Apparently you can't get a Sport Package on the Laramie, but you can get it with an ST/SLT package. However the Dodge website doesn't let you get a Sport package on either of those trucks, unless you equip a 6 speed automatic, but why?!?

Perhaps when you actually order a truck through a dealer, you could? Why in the world wouldn't you be able to get cab clearance lights or Sport packages on any of the trucks?

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i dont get it. You also cant just get the Resistol package without it being an auto. Stupid

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Maybe they could sell more vehicles is they stopped being so stupid on the options with packages.

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
The website is screwed up. DOT requirement that all duallies come with both cab lights, clearance lights on the rear wheelwells, and the light bar on the back...

I tried pricing a quadcab/shortbox Sport, but wouldnt let me get a manual. But it did let me get a manual Sport with a longbed. An I know for a fact you can order a shortbed Sport w/manual...

Theres some quirks there for sure. Definately some stuff it says you cant do or have to get such-and-such, when I know thats not the case :banghead:

And yes, unfortunately, you cant get a manual Resistol. I love the color combo on those! Thatd be my next truck if 1)I could get a manual and 2) it didnt sticker for $62k :shock:

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:lol4: if there is one thing I am well read up on is Dot Lighting requirements and Regulations.

I just figured that it was a setup to get more money out of ya. you order the truck it shows up and the dealership adds the lights and charges you more lol.

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
When my dad ordered his mega he wanted to get bucket seats but apparently you can't with a standard.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
That is a sexy truck! I love the lights! I don't have enough.

·
08 Cummins
2,146 Posts
Did you know that you cant get cab lights on a 3500 mega dually. When you check the cab light option it reverts you to the single wheel group. Whats up with that.
I believe that this is because the cab lights are standard equipment on ALL 3500 DRW trucks. Therefore, if you are optioning it, it turns it to a SRW because they are only an option on a SRW truck.

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe that this is because the cab lights are standard equipment on ALL 3500 DRW trucks. Therefore, if you are optioning it, it turns it to a SRW because they are only an option on a SRW truck.
That makes sense, I never thought of that.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hey, since we're talking about ordering trucks, anyone know how long you'll be able to order an '09 HD, before the 2010 HDs come out? Been thinking about getting one of the '09s before it's to late.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts