Cummins Diesel Forum banner
341 - 360 of 395 Posts
You will likely have some major lag from a 69/73 over 80/96 setup on a VP44 truck. Hopefully the Scheid stage 2 pump will help that out but when you get those Infinite Performance injectors will give you the fuel to help it. Are you still running the single disc converter?

Discussion starter · #342 · (Edited)
Its a multi disk converter. TCS Billet multi disc. Yes i am hoping injectors come in before Dyno Run. They should produce more power in higher rpms. Less down low????? Not worried about lag at this point, Number in my mind is what's important. As said before i'll be happy with anything over 900hp. Also if S369 SXE spools anything like ATS 72mm it will all be good! Still streetable and powerful down low. Muldoon's is building 48RE VB to full race! 48RE built to 47RE spec 190-200 psi line pressure. TC lockup switch will be ready for Dyno run but tranny will not get rebuilt by then.

I am pretty sure TC issues are electronic in nature as one day it will drive perfect, 1-3 lockup at 35 mph and hold all the way through. Next day it will unlock immediately after lockup and be all over the place. Locking and unlocking like its possessed????? What the heck. Then i can do full boosted launch and it will hold other days i try and get on it while moving and it lets go and rpms shoot to the moon??? Gremlins i think???

Discussion starter · #344 ·
That’s not what I meant.
Then you better explain yourself.......the whole world wants to know now including me. If i say or imply something wrong or not supported by science or trial and error, i need to know so as to not condone something that is wrong????

Then you better explain yourself.......the whole world wants to know now including me. If i say or imply something wrong or not supported by science or trial and error, i need to know so as to not condone something that is wrong????
Are you familiar with Larry the Cable Guy?

Discussion starter · #346 ·
Are you familiar with Larry the Cable Guy?
I dont follow???? Please explain???? Are you implying im a comedian and everything i say is a joke????

Discussion starter · #347 ·
You read marketing bs, take it as fact and carry on about it. Anybody can read the label on xyz additive/fluid etc.

Discussion starter · #349 ·
You read marketing bs, take it as fact and carry on about it. Anybody can read the label on xyz additive/fluid etc.
So Firepunk using hotshot secret to do 3.99 in the eighth isn't enough proof for you?????

if you take away the 5% reduced friction and 5% increase in horsepower they don't do 3.99 in the eighth????

Discussion starter · #350 ·
Ive tried and used theses products for some time now and my performance has never suffered because of it????

Proof they are compensated for advertising for hot shots yes. That’s called sponsorship. Fire punk would be top of the game running Walmart supertech fluids imo. Tell you what make some runs with all your high dollar fluids, then drain it out and do some with regular off the shelf stuff and if there’s a notable difference I will gladly accept being in the wrong. I do use hotshots fuel additive and generally like their produce however.

Discussion starter · #352 · (Edited)
Proof they are compensated for advertising for hot shots yes. That’s called sponsorship. Fire punk would be top of the game running Walmart supertech fluids imo. Tell you what make some runs with all your high dollar fluids, then drain it out and do some with regular off the shelf stuff and if there’s a notable difference I will gladly accept being in the wrong. I do use hotshots fuel additive and generally like their produce however.
You buy the Fake cool aid and ill do it!!! LOL!!!!

Actually i recant that statement! I would never chance jeopardizing my $40,000 investments on my truck with inferior low grade products! EVER!

Discussion starter · #353 ·
There is a term for what you just said and did?????? Read Matthew chapter 23 and you'll get the point??? I will not say the words on line!

You buy the Fake cool aid and ill do it!!! LOL!!!!

Actually i recant that statement! I would never chance jeopardizing my $40,000 investments on my truck with inferior low grade products! EVER!
You just made my point there. I’m not disagreeing with you that some things might be a little bit better than others, but a lot of the claims made on the side of an expensive bottle of liquid are pure BS. It’s just something that sounds good to read that gets people to buy expensive products. Everything today that meets the spec/standard for your intended use, is satisfactory, no matter the brand, end of story. Personally, I would love to see proven dyno results showing a notable difference, proving xyz is worth the price. But, that’s also all relative. To you in your mind no matter what it’s worth it with just claims you read on the side of the bottle. To me not so much.

Discussion starter · #355 ·
You just made my point there. I’m not disagreeing with you that some things might be a little bit better than others, but a lot of the claims made on the side of an expensive bottle of liquid are pure BS. It’s just something that sounds good to read that gets people to buy expensive products. Everything today that meets the spec/standard for your intended use, is satisfactory, no matter the brand, end of story. Personally, I would love to see proven dyno results showing a notable difference, proving xyz is worth the price. But, that’s also all relative. To you in your mind no matter what it’s worth it with just claims you read on the side of the bottle. To me not so much.
Less than 3 weeks and the Dyno will show if all these combined efforts will all add up???? It's going to be educational and fun at same time!!!!

I cant hardly contain my excitement!

Yeah that’s cool hope you are pleased with your results, it’s definitely interesting and will be fun. I like hard provable facts and data.

Discussion starter · #357 ·
Yeah that’s cool hope you are pleased with your results, it’s definitely interesting and will be fun. I like hard provable facts and data.
I said before and i'll say it again, whatever the number ends up being is what will get posted! Then my setup can be analyzed disected and evaluated to figure out where to go from here???

Discussion starter · #359 ·
Ok latest on compounds. The guys at Diesel Services Northwest are ceramic coating turbine housings on both turbos. Color??? Stainless. Also painting bare metal piping from Crazy Carl's Silver Metalic with clear coat. trying to get a good aluminum silver stainless match going on under hood!

On another note I got my 48 Valve Body today and sent it 2 day air to Muldoon"s for build to 47RE 190-200 psi full race!!!!

Discussion starter · #360 ·
Dyno sheet for 503hp Run! Found It!!!

Attachments

341 - 360 of 395 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.