Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
301 - 320 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
540 is an embarrassing number.......on your part! Trying to save you some dignity. I did a full on boosted launch yesterday........add 200 to your guess you might get close. Front end wants to come off ground....at least it launches feeling that way. 540 will not do that on a 6800 pound truck. Fact!

We're good!

Tell Scheid, Firepunk, Zeigler, a hotter engine makes more power and they should stop spraying nitrous, water and ice in their tanks and spray hot air into cylinder and see what they tell you!
I almost find it comical that you’re too wrapped up in my arbitrary horsepower guess to see what it is that I’m trying to tell you with regards to heat vs energy.

Interested to see what kind of horsepower you make. Please don’t hold a grudge when you come closer to an “unrealistic” number.

What you feel doesn’t matter when it comes to reality.

·
Premium Member
2000 Dodge Truck 4x4 Automatic
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
You're kind of mixed up on what he is saying. A hotter engine will make more power to achieve a complete burn but you want the incoming air to be as dense as possible. That's the reason for the ice. You don't want the engine as cool as possible, you just don't want it too hot to where it will pull fuel but just under.
Argue that with mishimoto?

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
Why does everybody let their trucks cool down for a couple hours before a run? Also why is the term heat soak used if hot is better??? Answer intelligently please????

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I’m not here to throw stones, merely trying to help.

It’s clear you have some perceptions of how things work and that’s perfectly fine. We are all entitled to an opinion and I respect that.

Best of luck to you buddy.

Also, my power guess stands.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
I’m not here to throw stones, merely trying to help.

It’s clear you have you have some perceptions of how things work and that’s perfectly fine. We are all entitled to an opinion and I respect that.

Best of luck to you buddy.

Also, my power guess stands.
appreciate the respect!

·
Premium Member
Lower carbon footprint than electric vehicles
3,270 Posts
Mishimoto does agree. That why they have a 15°F higher than stock thermostat for cooler climates/quicker warmup and a 10°F lower than stock thermostat for warmer climates/heavy towing/extreme driving. Ideal engine coolant temp and ideal incoming air density are two completely different things.

Reactions: Anabolic

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
Mishimoto does agree. That why they have a 15°F higher than stock thermostat for cooler climates/quicker warmup and a 10°F lower than stock thermostat for warmer climates/heavy towing/extreme driving. Ideal engine coolant temp and ideal incoming air density are two completely different things.
Whatever! Remember who your talking to.........outside the box! I didn't get to where I'm at by following so called rules! The only person so far who has complimented my choice of Cam is TJ Frey!!!! That has nothing to do with heat but it does with horsepower!!!!

·
Banned
3,132 Posts
this info is true.

why everyone has fans pointing to the front of their vehicles when dynoing and everyone loses hp after the 2nd/3rd runs lol think we lost reality somewhere along the way here..

everyone remembers the videos growing up :) and hopefully science behind it now

Reactions: H3LZSN1P3R

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
this info is true.

why everyone has fans pointing to the front of their vehicles when dynoing and everyone loses hp after the 2nd/3rd runs lol think we lost reality somewhere along the way here..

Moot point as next week injection pump is coming off and going to Scheid for upgrade to stage 2, since it has to go in anyway as thieves tried to steal truck and destroyed ignition. They made off with several thousand dollars worth uf parts for truck.

Tapped Scheid 2 VP44...................................rethink your guesses. At least 2 of us are going to Dyno show in Kingston WA on 16th of July. My 2000 and Scarlett Cummins '06.

And i will have a Torque Converter locker!?!?

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·

Here is what a single turbo 850 hp vp 44 truck looks and sounds like!!! I fully expect to be at least to this level???

He is running a 71.75 mm single and edge tuning, Sound Familiar????? And Water Methanol!!! Scheid Stage 2 VP.
Reminder...............................i will be setup just like this!!!! Except im pretty sure im spraying more WM???

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 ·
Who originally built the trans? High hp vp trucks are really hard on everything.
They are especially hard on P Pump conversionists as they make more power and are more adjustable when setup right!!!LOL!!!

Its not hard to get power out of VP. I never understood the migration to P Pump only to watch those ones make the same or less power than their old VP???? LOL!!!

The Challenge is all the fun!!!!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
this info is true.

Absolutely, my boss has a blown alcohol drag car 1800HP and if they dont run the fan on it between passes and minimize the idle time it makes a big difference on the pass time… cooler is better for power

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
Absolutely, my boss has a blown alcohol drag car 1800HP and if they dont run the fan on it between passes and minimize the idle time it makes a big difference on the pass time… cooler is better for power
And then there was the sound of singing of angels from heaven as the truth was spoken!!!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
They are especially hard on P Pump conversionists as they make more power and are more adjustable when setup right!!!LOL!!!

Its not hard to get power out of VP. I never understood the migration to P Pump only to watch those ones make the same or less power than their old VP???? LOL!!!

The Challenge is all the fun!!!!
Oh I still have love for the old vp. I ran a monster stage 2 vp. I've been looking for a truck with a cracked block because I have a 6.7 block to do a 6.7 vp. If making power with a vp was easy why is there almost no 9 sec 1/4 vps? A 12mm p7100 has made 1500 hp. A rotary injection pump can't force that much fuel. Do you have your dyno sheet from when you dynoed before?

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
Oh I still have love for the old vp. I ran a monster stage 2 vp. I've been looking for a truck with a cracked block because I have a 6.7 block to do a 6.7 vp. If making power with a vp was easy why is there almost no 9 sec 1/4 vps? A 12mm p7100 has made 1500 hp. A rotary injection pump can't force that much fuel. Do you have your dyno sheet from when you dynoed before?
Whats harder 1000+ on VP44 or 1000+ on p pump. Everyone goes to p pump cause it's easy. I prefer a challenge and pushing my self. Frankly I couldn't give a darn about quarter mile times. I'm into making my given platform as efficient and powerful as possible. More difficult with VP????

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Both pumps have their pros. I prefer a vp to a p7100 for towing. I wouldn't say it's more difficult with a vp but definitely more expensive. Technology has advanced since my 2001 was p7100 swapped. The reason I bring up 1/4 mile times is because a dyno can be spiked or the correction factor used to add power.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·
Both pumps have their pros. I prefer a vp to a p7100 for towing. I wouldn't say it's more difficult with a vp but definitely more expensive. Technology has advanced since my 2001 was p7100 swapped. The reason I bring up 1/4 mile times is because a dyno can be spiked or the correction factor used to add power.
On that note I was not impressed with the record at UCC because the Torque # was Close to same as HP#. Diesels are supposed to have Torque not run like a gasser!!! IMHO!!!!

Also on that note correction factors suck. You run what you run. IMHO!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well a 6.7 Cummins will never make 3000 hp and 6000 torque. A 500 hp one will most certainly do 1000 ft lbs roughly. Torque is for towing also, and those high hp trucks ain’t towing **** either so…

·
Premium Member
Lower carbon footprint than electric vehicles
3,270 Posts
Yep, I'm sure they could try to make higher torque numbers, but they likely want the power to come in harder higher in the rpm so max torque isn't really geared towards that goal. You can have more pump stretch and make more torque at lower rpm but the more reasonable duration will make more power. Also even higher horsepower 6.7 people usually try to keep the low end tuning conservative often with quick spooling setups like compounds to save the bottom end from bending or breaking, and to keep the block from cracking, let alone the transmission shafts.

301 - 320 of 395 Posts