Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
241 - 260 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'd go anybody except Crazy Carl they sent me damaged parts and wrong clamps and don't stand behind their product. I'm having to dispute with CC when it could have easily been resolved. Poor customer service.

·
Premium Member
2000 Dodge Truck 4x4 Automatic
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
I'd go anybody except Crazy Carl they sent me damaged parts and wrong clamps and don't stand behind their product. I'm having to dispute with CC when it could have easily been resolved. Poor customer service.
Thanks, I sent pictures and my setup so he knew who and what he was dealing with. He made certain my VSR 80mm would fit. We shall see???

It's almost done so no backing out now!!!

I appreciate the heads up!!!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Well I took the advice of somebody on here and did 20 full power runs from low RPM up hill......oil drastically let up dripping from lower catch can after that, in fact it stopped almost completely. Was able to muster 10 full on pulls with everything on. Trying to create cylinder pressure to push down on rings. Maybe fixed.........or not! Lol!!!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
There is a certain VP guy that does 1000+hp and he uses crazy carls. FYI.

Maybe you just were the anomaly, it happens. I have had bad surveys ive done every great once in a while. Not afraid to admit that on a public forum Every manufacturer has a bad day or product period, we are imperfect and cant do good work 100% of the time. What you said was the key though. Customer service. What is a vendor willing to do to make it right. Also there are people that dont know how to do anything but complain.

When i screw up on a property survey they receive a sincere apology and i fix it on my dime. So it should be with all vendors!!!! IMHO!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
i didn
No clue what it costs, call a vendor. as for quality I don't think anyone would say Steed speed is anything but top notch quality. You may not see them in the diesel magazines, but you will see them in competition.

looks like scheid's is a vendor

also curious why you did not follow Chris Kreb's build and do a 5000/7000 setup, he broke 1000 hp with that setup awhile back.
dont follow because there are more than 1 way to reach the same number!!!! If you really think about it there are hundreds of different combinations of parts. they all may not be 1000hp capable but the fun is in trying your hand at it. I have my ideas and theories as do us all. Id like to say i built a 1000hp vp 44 truck with my own mind and ideas. I am not against suggestions some of which i may utilize some not. Someone mentioned VSR turbos and i ended up buying the 80mm billet version. If it works a success if not buy and try a different turbo!!! i will say i am impressed with the overall quality of the VSR 80mm. very well put together and pleasing to the eye. I will be coating the turbine housing with cool it Thermo Tec heat paint. Thank you for the post as i hadn't heard about that 1000 hp accomplishment. Regardless of what he used that is so awesome!!!!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
If you’re looking for a high horsepower truck, why not just do it responsibly with better tuning and use of the Quadzilla Adrenaline?

If you are not netting same or better horse power then I guarantee it’s in your tuning. Quad is so much more capable than Edge.

Second thought, if you’re looking for a high horse power truck period then why are you not looking into a responsible common rail build? It’s no secret that your truck is going to be dirty as could be. As much as I love my second gen I also love the fact that my 4th gen makes more power and does it CLEANLY.

Just some thoughts.
if you read all my posts you would see that my setup once it spools it burns 100% clean......no haze even. Its my setup, i chose it, i built it and it rocks. If i want i can blackout a 4 lane road. I dont do that.....i wait till i hit 25mph and give her all and it is complete and utter Pandamonium. WITHOUT SMOKE!!!!! FYI!!!

I dont want a common rail....im in love with VP44 trucks!!!!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
I also dont agree with having to pay a custom quadzilla tuner $100 for a tune! When all i have to do is reach down and push a button. There are a few on here and elsewhere that have the gift of tuning! Do you want to be held hostage to what someone else thinks you should run??? I dont! That's why i abandoned Dynomite for injectors. They sold you what they thought would work with your setup not what you wanted. When i decide on a given path towards horsepower no one should be able to tell me not to go there or do it this way. I said before i have a good sense on what will work and when someone holds me back that makes me very angry!!!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
Well I took the advice of somebody on here and did 20 full power runs from low RPM up hill......oil drastically let up dripping from lower catch can after that, in fact it stopped almost completely. Was able to muster 10 full on pulls with everything on. Trying to create cylinder pressure to push down on rings. Maybe fixed.........or not! Lol!!!
It was quite fun, if you were wondering. The acceleration is unreal!!!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
Oil change today....rotella. Then drive. Brand new ford crew cab super duty and dump truck got a taste of Got Horsepowers setup. Full tilt fly by. Shockingly fast. Ford guy gave me thumbs up and dump truck driver said his truck only had 550 hp. I told him to unhook and id take over. He was thoroughly impressed. Fun stuff!!!

Then drove 100 miles to the ocean to pay employees. Truck drove perfect! No more squeeling belt. What a pleasant sound!!! Tranny is holding tough. it must have been built somewhat well as its holding up under my lead foot! LOL!!!!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 · (Edited)
I did for cam break in.
Once i feel confident rings are fully seated and engine broke in i will start using Hotshot FR3 again.

engine only has a few thousand miles on rebuild if that???

And ill also go back to using Power Driven oil.

241 - 260 of 305 Posts