Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Uconnect web

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  wvbagger 
#1 ·
Hello
Anyone using the Uconnect web add on. It basically turns your truck into a rolling WIFI hotspot. It is by a company in California called Autonet mobile. looks like a nice add if on the go Internet is needed. Main difference between this service and some service offered by cellphone companies is this system is designed to keep connection to cell towers better while on the move (high speed).
Jeff

#2 ·
This was my wife's only request for the new truck, otherwise I would not have gotten it. After saying all that...if I ever buy another vehicle it too will have it. My opinion, it is one of the best extras I have every purchased.

#13 ·
WiFi

That option is on the slt radio button but when i go to press it, it says uconnect not available. Do i go to the dealer to get it connected?
The thing these guys are talking about is not uconnect for a phone, it is a 12volt wireless router for your car/truck. I had one and it was great, just too much $$ for fun. If you need one for work great. Autonet has prices on the web site.

#5 · (Edited)
Yeah how does it work ? Please explain just got a 2011 and that would be Kool to have access to
After looking at site you can do the same if you have a Smart Phone may drop a signal but for the extra cost I will take my chances .

#7 ·
I'm still a bit confused...can one turn it on and off (suspend the account) for periods of time? I'm interested in using it for camping but don't need it all year long so I hate to pay a monthly fee while the camper sits in the barn.

Anyone know how the billing for this works?

Thanks!

#8 ·
Autonet Mobile has two monthly data plans to accommodate your needs. Our $29 monthly plan includes 1GB of data per month, and our $59 plan includes 5GB of data per month. See our chart below to find out what plan is best for you.

This Should answer anybody's question's on Cost

#9 ·
OOPS Double post

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.