Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should probable post my two questions in separate areas, but I'm just going to place them here.

1. I want to add lights to the front of my brush guard. Can I just tap into the wires that go to my driver's lights? I assume the toggle switch in the truck will then operate the extra lights.

2. What benefit(s) will a stock truck get from the new smarty67?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I really cant answer your first question cuz i NEVER splice into the factory harness unless i absolutly have to, the whole truck is controlled by the ECM yes even the lights, so my vote would be to not do it I have about 40 lights on my truck, hooked up to 7 different switches. thats how i wired my lights, and as for the smarty, it will make you code free and give you a crap load more power, i have the XRT and plan to stay with them H & S is absolutly the best company ive ever bought from. Hope this helps,

-Alex

Also welcome to the forum and fill out your sig so we know what you have.

·
700hp Club
2,199 Posts
i tapped into the high beams and ran it through the control circuit on the relay in series with the toggle switch in the cab. this way if the switch is off, no extra lights. if the switch is on, when you hit the high beams....you got REALLY high beams, you don't have to hit a toggle switch all the time to turn your daylighters on.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i tapped into the high beams and ran it through the control circuit on the relay in series with the toggle switch in the cab. this way if the switch is off, no extra lights. if the switch is on, when you hit the high beams....you got REALLY high beams, you don't have to hit a toggle switch all the time to turn your daylighters on.

:thumbsup:

I did the same thing 4NEATER did for the same reason. I have a Bright Box with fog light control so I used the fog light control power to fire a relay for my 130W KC DayLighters since my PMT enables the fog lights on high beam. MAKE SURE YOU USE REALAYS and dont try to power driving lights off the high beam circuit. I made a Mount for my relays behind the drivers side battery out of 1.5" by 1/8" piece of aluminum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts