Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any disadvantage to using a two piece fuel plate, as opposed to using a one piece? I might be able to get an awesome deal on a plate, (almost free from a friend) but it is a two piece... Does it really matter???

Thanks

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I really dont know what you are talking about when you are talking about a two piece plate. The governor arm only runs in one single spot. So, a one piece plate would be all that you need.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
OH.......... i get it now. Like the stock one. There are two different pieces rivoted together to make one plate. I get it.
The TST kits (i believe) are one piece.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ah yes, the riveted plate...

Riveted plates are fine but just be aware that it was made by some guy with a grinder who might have been trying to copy a TST plate. Or just grinding what he thought would be good.

If you want a good, proven plate look for a 1 piece (TST) plate. If it's riveted, it's most likely hand ground by someone looking for $$. Buyer beware.

There might be 1 or 2 places that closely copy the TST profile on a used plate but how do you tell?

On the other hand, a free riveted plate to work with for your truck that you plan on grinding? Game on!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
agree. just watch out who you buy from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts