Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost, if this isn't allowed, please delete. I understand this company is a sponsor on these forums, and I mean no disrespect to them, or the Cummins Forum team.

1. Has anyone ever had shipping problems from XDP?

2. Has anyone ever ordered a BD Ironhorn Kit, and received the manifold and turbo seperately?

My truck has been in the shop for three weeks now to get an Ironhorn Kit, remote exhaust brake, head studs and EGT probe installed. All the parts were ordered from XDP, and everything came in quickly except the turbo, which was shipped separately from the manifold and gaskets. All the work has been performed, including the oil change and fuel filter changes, but they are at a stoppage because the don't have the turbo. My shop keeps getting the run around from XDP on when the turbo will arrive. I need my daily driver back.

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
Sounds like they are having the turbo drop shipped from their supplier or the manufacturer, so they have very little control over when it gets to you.

As stated above, call them yourself, get the word directly from the seller.

Also, this is why you don't start some project like this until you have all parts in hand.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like they are having the turbo drop shipped from their supplier or the manufacturer, so they have very little control over when it gets to you.

As stated above, call them yourself, get the word directly from the seller.

Also, this is why you don't start some project like this until you have all parts in hand.
It seems like a drop ship situation to me. I have not called them directly since the shop is the one that put the order in, and they deal with them on a regular basis. My turbo actuator took a dump, so I didn't have the luxury of ordering the parts before starting the job. I had to have the truck taken to the shop on a rollback.

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
Well, then I'd be going down to that shop and sit in their way until they get you a firm answer, then stomp off mad because it didn't get your turbo any quicker!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, then I'd be going down to that shop and sit in their way until they get you a firm answer, then stomp off mad because it didn't get your turbo any quicker!
I have that impression about you...

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Hahaha. Toooooooo funny. Is there another turbo option xdp may be able to supply you w quicker?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I talked to customer service at XDP and the last record they have of my shop ordering anything was in October of 2017. So I went back to the shop to try and get an invoice number and got the run around. Then I asked to see the parts that have already came in, in hopes of getting an invoice number from a packing slip. One as told the parts are in the back of the owner's truck and he wasn't there. Those parts supposedly came in over a week ago. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not naive. I'm fairly certain at this point that the parts were never even ordered. I just don't understand why. This is a $6000 job. Do they not want the money? I'm gonna reorder the parts, which I verified XDP has in stock, and take the truck to another shop. This whole ordeal just has me perplexed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you already pay that shop anything?

Could be they didn't have the $$$ on hand to pay for the parts.
I haven't paid yet. That was my best guess. If that's it, why on earth wouldn't they ask for money for the parts up front? I'm a repeat customer and would have gladly done that.

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
I haven't paid yet. That was my best guess. If that's it, why on earth wouldn't they ask for money for the parts up front? I'm a repeat customer and would have gladly done that.
Too proud, too stupid. Best bet is to just go elsewhere, or do it yourself.

Get your own parts and save any markup the shop would charge you.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Too proud, too stupid. Best bet is to just go elsewhere, or do it yourself.

Get your own parts and save any markup the shop would charge you.
I the skills and tools, but not the physical ability these days. I'm gonna to it to another shop.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Keep us posted, sounds like some nice upgrades!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keep us posted, sounds like some nice upgrades!
Will do. I just ordered all the parts, and they will be delivered to my house on Wednesday. The other shop that I wanted to take the truck to is backed up by at least two weeks. I almost want to do it myself, but I don't have an AutoCal, and it doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money to buy one and then only use it once. You guys think I would end up needing it more than once at some point down the road?

My other option, and what I am leaning towards, is marking all the parts before I take them to the shop that has my truck now and just letting them complete the work. I would ask for every old part taken off the truck to be placed in the bed, including old gaskets and head studs. I am leery of moving the truck since the manifold and turbo have been taken off. I don't want to lose any parts in the process.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
For what a company charges to tune a truck, I think you'd be ahead doing it yourself. The autocal is cheap anyway it's the tunes that are expensive. HPP or CTT I think now or anarchy are among the best. That is something you can easily do yourself sitting in your driveway. IMO if the truck drove into the shop it should drive out. It's not your fault they pulled parts off with out replacement parts on site.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
One more thing now that I see your signature, I'd skip the 425s. With good tuning and proper sized turbo they aren't really worth it. 625s oh the other hand..

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
I would get the autocal, and leave it in the truck. Never know when you may need it or retrieve your stock tune

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The truth shall set you free!!!

I went by the shop today to let them know that I ordered all the necessary parts last Saturday and that they would be delivered to my house this Wednesday. I told them that I would it all by that evening. I got the lead mechanic into the office to tell me how much my labor was going to be, and so I could speak to him alone. He admitted that it felt fishy to him, too. He went on the computer to try and figure it out and there had been no order placed with XDP, and he checked the bank account and no transaction had been made that would have accounted for my parts. Moreover, there wasn't enough money in the account to have even purchased my parts. He said he let the owner have it on the phone that night. He told him he should have just asked me for the parts money up front, which I would have gladly paid. Anyway, hopefully the truck will be finished by the end of the week. Oh yeah, i'm saving $1000 by ordering the parts myself. Yay me! Think I can get a 2 1/2" leveling kit installed for under a grand? LOL.

·
Registered
807 Posts
The truth shall set you free!!!

I went by the shop today to let them know that I ordered all the necessary parts last Saturday and that they would be delivered to my house this Wednesday. I told them that I would it all by that evening. I got the lead mechanic into the office to tell me how much my labor was going to be, and so I could speak to him alone. He admitted that it felt fishy to him, too. He went on the computer to try and figure it out and there had been no order placed with XDP, and he checked the bank account and no transaction had been made that would have accounted for my parts. Moreover, there wasn't enough money in the account to have even purchased my parts. He said he let the owner have it on the phone that night. He told him he should have just asked me for the parts money up front, which I would have gladly paid. Anyway, hopefully the truck will be finished by the end of the week. Oh yeah, i'm saving $1000 by ordering the parts myself. Yay me! Think I can get a 2 1/2" leveling kit installed for under a grand? LOL.

Shouldn’t the mechanic be looking for a job elsewhere if there isn’t enough money to buy parts? How is there enough to pay wages?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts