Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase some 55 watt fog hid kits from ddm and wanted to know if i needed to also purchase along with them ( its a option upon purchasing them, and before I commit to the purchase I wanted to know if they are needed for me.)

1) error eliminator
2)adapter cables h1/h7 to 9006

My second question is I have purchased some turn indicator bulbs from superb riteleds.com and they claimed that they didn't need a load resistor but go figures it does and I was wondering for the people out there that have added these where do you fasten them so if they get hot they won't melt anything? I have looked on here to see where in everyones truck they locate them but know one really shows or tells, but during that I did find out that they do get warm.

thanks everyone for all the help.

·
Premium Member
7,236 Posts
You don't need any resistor harness to run the fog lights. The head lights are the ones that don't work without them.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't need any resistor harness to run the fog lights. The head lights are the ones that don't work without them.
what about the cable i don't feel like that is needed because it should come with the supplied bulb harness

·
Registered
698 Posts
from their site if you hover of that little information thing next to the item it says:
These are needed on some D2R/S conversions when the factory power connector is not a 9006.
So since our fogs are 9006's then you shouldn't need it...

Also for the error eliminator, it looks like that isn't need either from that same information icon/pop-up:

Some cars will generate a bulb out warning message or even turn the headlight/foglights off when connecting HID to them. Our cancellation modules fool the computer in the car and allow the HIDs to work flawlessly. You will receive 2 at this price. These work on 93% of vehicles with computer related issues. NOTE: Certain vehicles will require these to run HID';s properly. ex. Dodges (except Ram), Newer BMW';s & Mercedes etc... Warning: Some vehicles may have reverse polarity. Reverse polarity can cause a BOW to explode. We recommend wearing safety glasses and closing your hood before testing the BOW on your vehicle.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Reactions: baboltin

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you everyone i am going to order them

ddm fog light 55 watt hids with mounting brackets and hid wiring harness . thanks so much .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts