Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of using a bottle of two cycle oil in every tank full of diesel, to lube the fuel back up?? just wondering if this would help.

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
I've ran it for the last 12k every tank no problems shes alot quiter sp? And helped with the mpgs also :thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
lubes everything up. my bros duramax and my cummins do it every other tank. smokes more too.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Chuck you beat me to it!! :lol3:

Just remember 1 oz of oil to every gallon of fuel.

·
Registered
555 Posts
yea i also put in filtered used engine oil (5w20 or 10w30) i just make sure to change my fuel filter ALOT

·
Registered
182 Posts
is it ok to run with the aridog or do you just have to change the filter more often

·
Registered
701 Posts
Has anyone heard of using a bottle of two cycle oil in every tank full of diesel, to lube the fuel back up?? just wondering if this would help.
i ran it as well but 2 cycle is more expensive than just plain ol sulfur substitute which is the reason guys put 2 stroke in there trucks in the first place. it is quieter though!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Two cycle is just for the VP-44 guys... it can quiet your engine like biodiesel does but why would you want that? it can also cost you mpg's (every truck reacts differently in mileage) I personally run it in every tank. I've heard things about injector tips... but have never seen any hard facts.
it wont hurt "Your truck" but I don't really see it helping much either. unless you swapped to an early 24 Valve.

·
SC Chapter President
1,024 Posts
I run the Walley world universal stuff, 8oz per quarter tank, I can't see it hurting anything, quieted everything down a bit. I can't complain.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
It not hurting my MPG nor my performance... I'm up to 21.7 to 23.3 MPG which is a 5-6 MPG gain from stock when I bought the truck... At todays price for fuel I'm not complaining one bit... Check out the sig...:lol3:

·
Registered
701 Posts
It not hurting my MPG nor my performance... I'm up to 21.7 to 23.3 MPG which is a 5-6 MPG gain from stock when I bought the truck... At todays price for fuel I'm not complaining one bit... Check out the sig...:lol3:
boost under 5? hehe..why would one want to do that? JK

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
boost under 5? hehe..why would one want to do that? JK
Just what I need a wise arse...:rof

Being serious... More boost means more fuel... More fuel means more pyro... So there is 2 gauges you want to keep low...:w:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Just what I need a wise arse...:rof

Being serious... More boost means more fuel... More fuel means more pyro... So there is 2 gauges you want to keep low...:w:
i know i know...i was kiddin. but can the rule be atleast 10 lbs?? jk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts