Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 2500 g56 w/ top gun ladderbars
Hey guys,
Looking for a little insight. For a while I’ve been trying to trace down why my truck has been riding rough. Very bad on any bumps and seems to “float” from time to time. Originally I’ve been looking at the front axle and replaced/upgraded just about every component on the front.
Then the other day I decided to take a look at the rear. It’s hard to tell from the pictures but the right leaf and ladder bar are definitely tweaked.
Bad leaf packs, bushings, Heims? Anyone know the best place to start?
Thanks.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Wood Bumper

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would start by getting rid of that giant lift block, get good set of leaf springs made for your lift height.
Luckily ive got an extra pair of 3" leafs in the garage I can swap out. Thats a 4" block. Been in for around 3 years with no problems until say 3-4 months ago.

Side note. Talking with a buddy he noticed that ladder bar bracker is shifted over and needs to be moved into the shock. What could cause that? Poor install hopefully

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Torque on rear is pretty substantial, good leafs help control that usually no issues but get in a situation ie,. uneven ground, low traction situation, one tire grips more then another etc. and things can move, twist, and or break.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts